The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra-star !

Guest Moobot

What are you basing that on?

As far as I was aware the UK TC is as bad as the j-spec's

missed this first time round..

UK spec TC is better than j-spec, but only in the same way that eastenders is better than Corination Street. Both are seriously annoying and if you took them away would you notice the difference?

The UK spec system runs an additional braking circuit for the rear wheels to try to control the slip better. I found it more intrusive than the j-spec system as it sort of does its job but mostly interfers with what you are doing, where the j-spec is all or nothing and soon as it kicks in you reach down on turn it off. Sadly my emanage didnt like the stock TC so it was removed.

JB

The only interior differences other than ivory leather / carpets on certain colours are things like the button for the headlamp washers, heated seat buttons and the different terminolgy on the traction control - TRC vs SLIP I think? Difficult to spot on a small photo though.

The 3 dials are found on J-Spec cars of the same age, the facelift ones got the later design so don't use that as an identifying factor, a UK won't have the newer dash but the majority of J-Spec cars will have the same 3 dial one as the UK.

Personally I wouldn't try and get an Abflug kit. A genuine one is very rare and very expensive and very very expensive to fit. There are some copies on ebay, and an abundance of the silver weave carbon fibre effect copies as well. As many a member here can testify, those kits are sh1t in terms of fitment and quality.

IIRC there is only one genuine Abflug fitted S900 kit here and that is Whitesupraboy2's car, and even he and the previous owners of th car have had problems with the kit.

And as an aside, will Elephant cover the mods to your car?