The mkiv Supra Owners Club

How cool is that!

DannyB

When you pull on the door handle thats a tad easier to find than a key hole the light comes on DER. Saves you scratching the paintwork with said key. Maybe as simple as cars that had remote locking from factory doesn't have the light up keyhole and those that didn't do have it.

Real question of the morning is though what was the flashy red light you went out to investigate in the first place.

When you pull on the door handle thats a tad easier to find than a key hole the light comes on DER. Saves you scratching the paintwork with said key. Maybe as simple as cars that had remote locking from factory doesn't have the light up keyhole and those that didn't do have it.

Real question of the morning is though what was the flashy red light you went out to investigate in the first place.

I hope that DER wasnt aimed at me? its pretty obvious what it is for, i never asked what it was for...

And the flashy red light was just another light for the alarm system.

I hope that DER wasnt aimed at me? its pretty obvious what it is for, i never asked what it was for...

And the flashy red light was just another light for the alarm system.

Nope the DER was for down here

I've always wondered why the door lock lights up when you unlock it. If you haven't a car alarm your key would already be in the lock before it has lit up:think:

And stop being so defensive it was meant tongue in cheek at 3 am after a social beer or two chap lol. How many flashy red lights do you have on your alarm though :D

And stop being so defensive it was meant tongue in cheek at 3 am after a social beer or two chap lol. How many flashy red lights do you have on your alarm though :D

Sorry mate bit of misunderstanding!! :innocent:

Two!! the on the dash on the right side of the steering wheel, and on in the centre of the console, which i actually presume is the flashy light on my cd player!!

:cool:

I've always wondered why the door lock lights up when you unlock it. If you haven't a car alarm your key would already be in the lock before it has lit up:think:

Don't know what I was saying that deserved a DER - all I was meaning was that when I unlock my car, the light around the key hole lights up. It would be no help to me to stop me scratching the car door as I have already unlocked it (I do understand the point of it lighting up). Maybe my car has a fault but the light on mine only comes on AFTER you have unlocked the car. Don't know if I'm explaining myself right - does anyone understand what I mean? :search:

Oo it wasnt standard feature for it to do that on the passenger side then. Sounds like a bit too much hard work for me! Your car looks great mate, id want to do me locks so they all light up aswell if i wasnt keeping it so stock

nope, not a standard feature :D