The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Anyone had a Soarer?

jamesmark

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you want to want to buy a Soarer have a look here ...

http://http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=127492

You won't get a better one.

That's more than double what I want to spend on a Soarer, I am looking at the Soarer as only a stop gap to keep my NCB going. If I like it then maybe I will keep it and start modding but if I was going to spend £5600 to start with I would buy Supra.

Still a gorgeous car mate.

James,

I can see where you are coming from worring about the cost of parts, and I can only say how it has been with me.

I would not own any other car.

Mine is a 91.

When I decide it is too old I will try and get a newer (99?) from Japan and start modding again.

Very good examples can be had for basically peanuts, but you run the risk there of the old owner finding something is wrong and needs fixing and then when he finds out the price selling it instead. The parts are expensive compaired to Modeao prices, but on a par with a Supra. Same for modding parts.

As for repairing them follow this link

http://www.smiffiessoarersanctuary.co.uk/

Smiffie has been working on them for years, and is the only UK place to be able to fix the suspention on a 32, the full 4 wheel steer and self leveling Soarer.

I live in London, and still take my car there if it is something I cant do myself.

Cheers Chris, the max I want to spend is about £2k thats why I am not to fussed about either a TT or V8. But after the rescent post by yourself and also Chris Wilson the best option would be the TT.

And like the Supra and not fussed about running costs as I expect that with these type of cars, unlike the newbie's that buy them then don't have the cash to support them.

• 1 year later...
Guest infin1tty

is there a way to convert auto into manual ..as Ive been looking around and no luck with manual ... all autos...

how much would a conversion be ? cheers

Yes you can convert an auto to manual.

You can manualise the auto box, or if you want a true manual then get a MK3 sup box and in it goes. No idea on the price as I havent bothered to do that, I'm running a fully programmable tranny ecu and an Apexi power fc for the engine.

There is a lot of info on doing that on the Soarer World website.

There are also quite a few manuals about, you just have to look for them and there will be a bit of a price difference too.

I think you said you were worried about repair costs......

Yeah I think that was a..........mild reason lol, I drive a 200SX now so kindla blown the repair bills excuse out the water. :D

Never too fused about running costs as my cars are alwaus weekend cars.