The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Quiet exhaust - blitz nur spec RX clip

tucky40

What exhausts are marketed for the na then nic?

Think ill still go blitz rx though ;)

Blitz do the Realize-TT and Realize-TTR specifically for the NA Supra. They do not say what the Db level is though.

http://www.blitz.co.jp/products/ex.system/realizeTT/realizeTT.htm

HKS do a version of the Silent Hi-Power specifically for the NA, this is rated as 99Db.

http://www.hks-power.co.jp/products/exhaust/muffler/silent/silent.html

I can't find any other models specifically designed for the NA.

Yeah mark its identical to the nur spec R and still has the engraving on the tail pipe. Difference being the noise level at idle and low revs and the fact it sits much closer to the underside of the car.

As for you private pile........zip it or you wont be invited around for tea and biscuits ever again. Expecially when your supra has a new ´louder exhaust´. My neighbours will be dilighted!!!

What exhausts are marketed for the na then nic?

Think ill still go blitz rx though ;)

Yep, me to. :)

The Blitz Nur Spec RZ is designed mainly for the TT Supra, the 91Db is the level it will be on a stock TT with cats in place.

The turbos quieten the exhaust note quite a bit, so the same exhaust on an NA will be a fair bit louder, even more so if you have removed the cats. How much louder exactly it will be I don't know, I'd guess it will be similar to the NA version of HKS Silent Hi Power at 99Db.

What can you say about Blitz Nur Spec RX fitted to N/A-T? Will be much louder than fitted to fully de-catted TT (tucky40's Supra)?

I think it's going to be the Blitz for me. If it's going to have the same noise levels as the HKS for the time it's going to be N/A I can cope with that.

It will work great if I convert it to tt in the near future.

My car's going to be along term project...All I need is to win some money now...!

• 9 months later...

Sorry to bring this back from the dead (hey, im using the search button) how is this exhaust quieter? I had a nur spec r and it was very loud without the baffle. When I had the baffle in it was ok. Does the RX have a baffle built in or does the pipework get narrower towards the backbox? A pic up the exhaust pipe would answer this!

Cheers

Guest mattsupra

ive got a blitz nur spec and it rattles on choke

has it got a kind of baffle in it as there is a bolt holding something in place at the back of it?

matt

Guest mattsupra

so has it got a baffle in it or not? lol

it makes a racket when its on choke and sometimes when driving too

does it need a tighten up or is this just the way of the specR?

so has it got a baffle in it or not? lol

it makes a racket when its on choke and sometimes when driving too

does it need a tighten up or is this just the way of the specR?

The RX hasn't got a baffle but the R has. Sounds like your exhaust has 'broken in'. You either need to tighten the bolt up a bit more or remove the baffle to stop the rattle :)

Definately needed to increase duty on my avcr to maintain the boost after the previous 'loud' exhaust was removed and this one fitted.

Just had an egt sensor fitted to my aem so when i get the car fine tunned by Ryan we will be able to see what the egts are doing and react accordingly.

I have a Nur Spec RX ehaust fitted to my car.

With my setup (T60 single, cast manifold, RMM decat front pipe) it is pretty throaty. At idle it burbles nicely, accelerating it roars like a V8 but as soon as you ease off or reach cruising speed it is nice and quiet. So the best of both worlds.

IMGP0270.jpg

IMGP0271.jpg

How large is the standard supe exhaust tailpipe? Just looking, sounds very nice and doesnt look too big at the back (I *hate* huge tailpipes), but I dunno how big the normal supe one is, as I dont even own a supe.

I dont even know why I'm here

I dont even know why I'm here

lol, I dont see the big deal with this exhaust, as usual its a piece of pipe, with a very restrictive resonator box, this will zap power from a single turbo car and will reduce power slightly on a tt,

A pipe is only as big as its smallest diameter, characteristics vary from where in the pipe the restriction is, but this will probably give the same power output of a stock tt exhaust with no cats

Nice bit of bling but its a disappointment really, I thought it would have reduced noise some other magical new way

lol, I dont see the big deal with this exhaust, as usual its a piece of pipe, with a very restrictive resonator box, this will zap power from a single turbo car and will reduce power slightly on a tt,

A pipe is only as big as its smallest diameter, characteristics vary from where in the pipe the restriction is, but this will probably give the same power output of a stock tt exhaust with no cats

Nice bit of bling but its a disappointment really, I thought it would have reduced noise some other magical new way

Thanks for that. I want to stay clear on backpressure as the spec r baffle robbed me of power (yes, from a na!) but I also don't want loud noise so I thought the spec rx would be great but seeing as it has a built in baffle I don't really see the point in it.

There are mixed arguments on that but from what I understand, you are right, you want to stay away frrom having too much back pressure, I think the optimum N/A size exhaust is 2.75inch, someone will confirm, but reading this

The reason why the engine is burning lean to begin with is that the reduction in backpressure is causing more air to be drawn into the combustion chamber than before. Earlier cars (and motorcycles) with carburetion often could not adjust because of the way that backpressure caused air to flow backwards through the carburetor after the air already got loaded down with fuel, and caused the air to receive a second load of fuel. While a bad design, it was nonetheless used in a lot of vehicles. Once these vehicles received performance mods that reduced backpressure, they no longer had that double-loading effect, and then tended to burn valves because of the resulting over-lean condition. This, incidentally, also provides a basis for the "torque increase" seen if backpressure is maintained. As the fuel/air mixture becomes leaner, the resultant combustion will produce progressively less and less of the force needed to produce torque.

So as long as your car can correctly adjust fueling your exhaust can be as non-restrictive as you like, as the stock ecu usually runs very rich at top end(running open loop) you may actually benefit from having a bigger diameter pipe as this could create a more lean better condition