The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Wet Vs Dry supra driving

Guest bonomitch

The vanishing/limit point. ;)

Just for info chaps and chapesses, Steve & I will (time allowing) try and get our heads together to give you some tips for safer driving, try and organise some skid pan training, and defensive driving techniques.

Work in progress :thumbs:

Definitely up for this with Mel in the supra, so she can learn how to enjoy the car and find the limits without much risk, and to be fair I'd do it as well since you never stop learning.

RLTC won't save you if you go into a corner too fast. It cannot overcome a lack of mechanical grip. It will, however, allow you to get the power down out of the corner earlier.

Although, if it cuts in then you are already too heavy with the gas pedal.

yes thanks for pointing that out ;), i am trying to steer a noob in the direction of anything that will help him stay safe, RLTC takes some of the guess work out

Only ever lost the back end of mine once and it was completely my own fault. I had had the dash out and had acidentaly disconnected a wire from behind the spedo by mistake (Took me ages to find it. It was one of the wires going to the speed delimiter). I knew something was up as my speedometer and odometer were not working, what I didnt know was that my car had gone into limp mode. The first corner i went around in the wet the back end slid about 6 feet, fortunatley I was going uphill at the time at about 40 and it was a big road. Never slid since