The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Lambo doors

GeordieSteve

Well heres a challenge to the traders then:

1. See what you can get Supra specific lambo style doors for.

2. See if you can find a fitter who is capable of making a good job.

3. Give us a bulk buy price for equipment and fitting and we'll hand over some cash :)

I want a trust worthy fitter and a guaranteed price !!

Got to it men !! (and frillies)

Already have them m8 - with testemonials / supras fitted / qualility assured

Have a look at the site

The VDC (Vertical Door Conversion) kit is not a hinge since it is impossible for a simple hinge to do what the VDC does (Also known as lamborghini doors kit). The VDC is a bi-directional pivitol-assembly system made from high strength high quality steel, precision bends and uniform welds. In other words the VDC is a structural moving working of art. A neatly balanced combination of form and function providing you the true exotic look you seek at just the right angle. Design, performance and style. Other materials such as Titanium, Stainless Steel and various Aluminum Alloys were considered, each with their own set of fabrication and manufacturing pros & cons.

Although lightweight and corrosion resistant, Titanium and Stainless Steel were to expensive for our manufacturing goals and purpose. So with keeping customer cost down in mind various Aluminum Alloys were evaluated. Again corrosion resistant and only slightly lighter than steel. Aluminum, (not as expensive as the force mention materials but still more expensive then steel) fatigues quickly causing micro stress fractures in the material which causes stretching of the material, constant door readjustment and eventually failure. Not to mention the corrosion issue related to the mixing of the steel hardware and a steel chassis with an aluminum alloy VDC.

With the addition of aluminum alloy hardware being an inadequate and costly alternative to the system, aluminum was quickly scraped. High strength steel with a rust preventing coating quickly became the material of choice. Just like your original factory hinges. Materials, manufacturing and safety.

The VDC is a TRUE bolt on system that comes complete with one left and one right bidirectional pivotal assembly system, wire extensions, detailed instructions, zip ties, door springs and replacement door and chassis high strength coated steel hardware.

Simply remove your fender and stock hinges, bolt on the VDC, reinstall fender and your vertical. No extra post VDC cost due to body/chassis restructuring, resurfacing and repainting.

When you buy the VDC there is nothing else to buy or do in order to complete this installation. Just bolt and go.

WE OFFER TRUE BOLT ON VERTICAL DOOR CONVERSION KITS OF LEADING BRANDS ONLY. DON'T BE FOOLED BY THE BOOTLEGS AND CHEAP AND DANGEROUS IMITATIONS!!

Vertical Door Conversions (VDC) is a bidirectional pivotal system.

A simple hinge from your NHP (Neighborhood Hardware store Performance) would not work without excessive body and chassis modification and then would be extremely costly and dangerous.

Safety is VERY important! Don't be fooled or misled. Anyone trying to sell you a simple hardware store hinge or the idea that you can do it yourself from the hardware store supplies probably owns the hardware store.

The purpose of the VDC is to enable the average auto enthusiast the chance to do this conversion without cutting, chopping and rebuilding their chassis and body risking possible critical structural integrity, for a minimal cost and down time. And this is what the VDC is!

Vertical Door Conversions - Complete bolt on system. Includes (2) pivotal assemblies. All the mounting hardware, wire extensions, gas charged lift shock, and a detailed instruction manual.

Each door usually takes 2 hours to install.

The Vertical Door Conversion system is made of high strength steel. All of the systems're hardened for durability.

The gas charged lift shocks were carefully made to the exact specifications specially for the kit. They were tested for the exact air pressure needed to make the vertical door conversion kit rise effortlessly. The gas charged lift shocks make the door feel weightless when you lift it vertical.

http://miami-gt.com/product_info.php?products_id=362&osCsid=178964e5df6a71589a0ce3f721899cf9

Nuff said really...

:thumbs: Each door usually takes 2 hours to install. :thumbs:

Trust me guys if Paul says these bolt on a Supra then they are the ONLY option to consider , ive seen the others and whislt very complex/well made would be a nightmare to fit . :eek:

1 question Paul !!! what happens with the loom ??? is it long enough to pull thru and get a bit of extra length ???

Dude:flame Dev

Originally posted by Whitelightning

Ok Paul - you have our ears - what about fitting for us Noobs.

If I was ordering I would ask:

"Who will fit my new doors ?"

Its the complete after-sale care remember :)

And Paul would say Dude or depending on location one of his other fitters , you have money to spend on going faster not this frippary stuff !!!!;)

Dude:flame Dev

*Whitelighting looks left (to simple power) and right to (all things bling)*

(ok you are going to need your best Hamlet voice for this one)

To bling or not to bling, is it a question of profit to traders?

Is it not enough that bling be shiny ?

Can my swiftness be cast out by bling's sweet desires ?

Nay, I stir in this torment, for bling has no power.

It will not accelerate me.

It will not strike down thine enemies with furious anger (ops - Pulp Fiction crept in there)

Bringest forth all your bling and I will show you simple dynamic Graphs.

Truely is this a contest of light and dark !

Go forth, let it be known that the battle endeth here.

Bling will kneel at the feet of forged components.

Who will never see the light of day, but simply the heat of the chase !

*Whitelightning wonders off in search of the truth . . .(Exit stage left)*