The mkiv Supra Owners Club

supra back at goodwood fos

lucasl

So if i got a harness where could i mount it to? (If i didnt have a harness bar)

Maybe something like this?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=020&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=300090610140&rd=1&rd=1

First I'd never use 3 point harnesses. As you move forward in an impact the shoulder straps would want to pull together - not nice. Second, just buy a harness bar. They look good, secure the shoulder straps at the correct angle with as short a strap as possible which minimises the amount the belts will stretch in an impact and aren't that expensive. No brainer IMO.

these are both 2" harnesses (not as good) i would try and go for the 3", MVP (on this forum) do the harness bar, very good rates at shipping

Yeah, I got mine from MVP (harness bar that is). As for the harnesses, you need to make sure you get ones where the shoulder straps are designed to go round a roll bar rather than bolt in. For the lap belts the easiest thing is to go for bolt in - if you get snap-in ones you have to put eye bolts in to clip them to which is a pain, but does make them easier to remove if you want to.

I bought top-end harnesses because I wanted decent aircraft style quick-release buckles, lightweight shoulder adjusters and the ability to use 6 point harnesses. Mine are Sparco and came from a company called rallynuts that have a huge range.