The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Have you upgraded to UK brakes?

DaveK

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have j-specs with CW fast road pads, braided lines and RBF600 fluid.

I recently took part in a track day with alot of heavy high speed braking ie from about 160mph to 40 ish aswell as from some slower speeds and they didn't fade once....they were smoking like they were about to catch fire but they didn't fade.

This was in a manual so using the gearbox to aid slowing down obviously helps.

However, it sounds to me that its the feel of your pedal that you don't like and I would agree. Even with the above set up I always feel like it should brake with less pedal movement.

Not having driven one with UK brakes I can't compare pedal feel but I suspect it would be an improvement.

Also a brace for the master cylinder will help firm up the pedal feel and transfer more of the power to the brakes.

Have you got a price for the MCB, and maybe the front strut brace you were talking about Nic?

I've got uprated pads, better brake fluid etc, but that brace thingy may make them even more efficient instead of going straight to UK brakes for an expense.

If its already on there if I decide to uprate to UKs then great! :)