The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Britains got talent

Guest Geneb

I have a bit of opera in me, just a bit mind. I can sing that actually, or at least I used to be able too ;)

So who is starting the thread:

Vote For Gaz Walker to sing Nessun Dorma at JAE.

I am sure if we made it for a charitable cause he would feel obliged!

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think its a brillient show...Knife throwing people had me in stitches (almost had his daughter in stitches too:p )

The Monkey puppet singing Michael Jackson songs was funny too!

And Mr Carphone Operahouse wow what a shock.

The little lad that did the twirlling too was great...Billy Elliot type scenario.

I thought it was great TV, preffered it to X Factor, because it has more of a surprise element...you dont know what the fcuks going to happen or appear next:D

Did anyone see that fat welsh mobilephone salemans sing opera!!

i ain't soft but that brought a tear to my eyes he was amazing i

I've just watched this and I don't know but it did the same to me. Why should some ugly fat Taff singing bring a tear? I don't understand it.

I know one thing, I'm never going near CJ at a karaoke.

I've just watched this and I don't know but it did the same to me. Why should some ugly fat Taff singing bring a tear? I don't understand it.

I think part of the effect was the shock of that odd contrast: a completely unextraordinary bloke, who gives every impression of being stuck in a miserable, plodding existence, unexpectedly producing a voice that could crack the heavens.

I find it amazing that Puccini could write an aria so powerful that there is no need to understand the story or even the words to be touched by it. That's very rare, I think.

Some of the other operatic pieces that affect me strongly:

"Ist ein traum...", the final trio from Richard Strauss' (not 'The Blue Danube' Strauss) Der Rosenkavalier. Heart-breaking and quite weird.

The bridal chorus from Wagner's Lohengrin. If you've only ever heard 'Here comes the bride' wheezed out on an organ, then it's a pity. It's meltingly lovely.

The final pilgrim's chorus from, er, Tannhauser (Wagner) takes some beating. Whack the stereo up and convince the neighbours you've gone mad.

All worth listening out for.

:D

and little Connie 6 years old -superstar!

Rich

I saw a bit of it then a certain ex Big Brother contestant rang me and spoilt it:(

She didn't seem phased by the audience..

The shitty magic show was funny especially when it went wrong theres only one Magician that could of got away with that and thats Tommy Cooper...I hate Magic shows..Tommy Cooper was good coz he just took the piss out of it all!

Guest Geneb
Oh my God...commercial break on tonights show and i'm in tears after that poor ole 79 yr old's tap dancing...wot a Tosser Piers is lol...heartless bastard:(

Yeah fair play to the old boy he was good i hope i can move like that at his age:d

:D

and little Connie 6 years old -superstar!

Rich

:wow:

Well bother with dinner before you go. Bazza always makes sure his guests get something warm inside them while they're there.

PMSL He does a good spitroast i hear:p

lol...I just wonder what happens to all these people...soon we will all be minor celebrities and if for say you wanna buy a loaf of bread or have some tyres fitted to ya car it will be impossible because they'll all be at home watching a makeover programme on tv and waiting for the phone to ring

I dismissed the whole show as another 'starts in their eyes' event so haven't bothered watching, but that Opera bloke was pretty darn good! Powerful 'song' too.

You got to watch the whole show..its very entertaining..it makes you laugh and cry at the same time...Its def the best thing on TV at the mo in my biased opinion:p

Forget 'Opportunity Knocks' and 'New Faces' (if ya old enough to remember how awful they were)

I actually hardly ever watch TV, so much crap on the box...I usually watch the news channels and wait for some kind of major catastrophy to happen because i find that more entertaining...but this had me on the sofa..if ya feeling down and want to cheer up this programme is great:cool: