The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Let's petition Top Gear to test the Supra on their track.

RedM

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

but you can't compete against the big tuners these days.

That was the case previously, but they rules coming into play now are more beneficial to "normal" cars, most of the super fast stuff is in the Pro Drag Class so although they can win - they can only win that group, the street cars have there own sections so everyone gets a fair shot.

Gaz.

That was the case previously, but they rules coming into play now are more beneficial to "normal" cars, most of the super fast stuff is in the Pro Drag Class so although they can win - they can only win that group, the street cars have there own sections so everyone gets a fair shot.

Gaz.

So you think this year we should actually have a winner who is a normal bloke?

According to Redm, not as much as a 991T can do ;)

That is exactly the sort of comment that made me think this TG thing up. Same track, same driver, let's see how our weapons of choice hold up.

Although, I'm pretty sure that, if the Supra times were abysmal, we'd see complaints about the wrong track, the Stig wasn't trying, funny but I beat a Koenigsegg the other day, they should have done m-way pulls etc etc blah de blah de blah:rolleyes:

RedM: Here are 2 sites (pick your favourite) where you can start petitions... I would start it myself but I am not particularly good at wording/phrasing so I think it would best be done by someone else :-).

http://www.petitiononline.com/create_petition.html

http://www.petitionspot.com/members/petitions/edit.php

If you can create the petition, I'm sure there would be plenty of supra members (UK, US, Australia etc) who would sign it... regardless of if it's a stock supra or a track built supra (small turbo etc).

Once there is a fair number of responses, we could forward it to Top Gear...

It'd be interesting to see if we could them to do a reappraisal and test of the Supra and see how it compares to recent sports cars on their track.

Maybe even get them to try a BPU or street singled Supra too.

The Stig seems to be a pretty good and impartial driver so we could clarify some of the more interesting speed claims to rest as well.

Anyone?

Interesting, as I was thinking the exact same thing when having a conversation with a couple of mates a week or 2 back. We decided we woulde-mail them and see if we got a response - thought the best way to go about it was to pose a question such as:

How does the Supra compare with todays modern supercars - is the supra still super?

Might well still give it a go - maybe if they get several requests, it might just be something they'd do? Worth a try I'm sure...

Interesting, as I was thinking the exact same thing when having a conversation with a couple of mates a week or 2 back. We decided we woulde-mail them and see if we got a response - thought the best way to go about it was to pose a question such as:

How does the Supra compare with todays modern supercars - is the supra still super?

Might well still give it a go - maybe if they get several requests, it might just be something they'd do? Worth a try I'm sure...

Thats the spirit...... :cool:

surely the problem is that a supra test has only limited appeal to a wide audience. Would it not be better to pitch an idea along the lines of 'club cars vs TG car'

i.e TG nominate a car and invite the car clubs to send one of their number to attempt to beat it ?

surely the problem is that a supra test has only limited appeal to a wide audience. Would it not be better to pitch an idea along the lines of 'club cars vs TG car'

i.e TG nominate a car and invite the car clubs to send one of their number to attempt to beat it ?

sounds good, they've done something like that before with that chavved' up pug 306 up that hill climb course.....