The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My car has been mapped(ish)

CJ

OK guys, for those of you who wanted to know more about the power figures etc, I decided to jot down what i believe the graphs are showing.

Max power was 460bhp at the wheels which, if you used the 25% loss rule, means that it makes 575bhp at the fly. That was almost the same on 1.4 bar (Optimax) as it was upping the boost on race - not too sure why yet. It's also worth noting that it was still climbing like a train when it kept hiiting the rev limiter!

Postive boost was coming in at around 3200 rpm and then climbed steadily until the rev limiter issue. The torque finished up at 378lb and showed an excellent increasing curve from 2600rpm through to a peak at 6200.

The graph I will be posting will show what the differences are from first going in to the finished map. They show that he managed to achieve an increase in BHP of 100 and a lb torque increase of 66lb on the day.

Now, whilst those figures are not 100% accurate (I am quite a technical numpty) they are not too far out.

All in all, a good day

Colin is a happy man!!

Glad to hear that youve got the gains you were expecting mate,The car flys at a rate of knots that can only be measured by lightyears!I can vouch that it is a very quick car after tearing up some dual carriage in Swindon late one sunday evening,The car just pulls like a sex starved elephant facing a brothel,good on you matey!

Cheers

Tim

Originally posted by CJ

oops...I think i should have explained the graph layout. :stupid:

It shows two maps. One was done when I first arrived with just a base map and the second (and improved figure) shows the map when we finished at 1.4 bar on Optimax.

Thats REAL world HP guys prob the lowest reading you will get anywhere , it equates to 573 crank hp !!!!:thumbs:

Dude:flame Dev

Originally posted by dude

Thats REAL world HP guys prob the lowest reading you will get anywhere , it equates to 573 crank hp !!!!:thumbs:

Looks cool CJ

John, how does CJ's turbo compare to that T-78 Blue one we saw at Thor which was putting out 520 hp at the hubs at 1.2 bar?

The power curve looks lovely and smooth.

Originally posted by Bobbeh

Looks cool CJ

John, how does CJ's turbo compare to that T-78 Blue one we saw at Thor which was putting out 520 hp at the hubs at 1.2 bar?

The power curve looks lovely and smooth.

IMO bobbeh prob very similar in fact on the SAME dyno id put my money on CJ's putting out the same power if not slightly more at the WHEELS even though he is auto , it is pretty awesome to drive B , even though youd prefer the 6 speed version as soon as he gets rid of the girls turbo and goes 76DBB youll see some figures ;)