The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Finnished making my new exhaust system

johnd-mkiv

This is something Graham S and I were discussing the other day, not related to this exhaust per say, but them in general...

There has been some comments in the past that straight cuts are better than mandrel bends.. is there any logic to this?

This is something Graham S and I were discussing the other day, not related to this exhaust per say, but them in general...

There has been some comments in the past that straight cuts are better than mandrel bends.. is there any logic to this?

Most exhaust fabricators only have pipe forming tools up to 2.5" due to the size of the wall thickness they will norm buckel unless you have the expensive equipment, personally If the pipe work has been purge welded then it will be just as good as a quality mandrel bent pipe., I guess hp gains will be minimal but for me it was more self achievement building the whole system, than giving it to some one who had the machines to do it.

Im not 100% happy with the end can as it was a bit bashed up when I have some more time im going to make a one off piece

Hmmm i don't need decat pipe now ;) I will need it until end of July. :eyebrows:

give me a shout then mate but to be honest as Ive not made any jigs at the mo mate im better off having the car and making the exhaust fit what you have, if you cant do that Ill borrow me mates then make a jig