The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Are You A Kid Of The 80s?

Shadow Beast

Tomy summit or another. Think there was a red, blue & a white 1. Am sure 1 was car racing.

That's the fella's TOMY 3D thingys.

I remember playing the White one can't remember if it was a space ship or car game.

Oh yeah you could also get them terrible driving things that were like a front end of a car and you held from behind windscreen and when you moved steering wheel would just move the car from left to right on bottom of screen as a very poor road scenery would roll past and you had to steer left and right to avoid hazards and obstructions!:D

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah that's how I remember it too. It used to 'played' by about 50 or 60 lads with about half standing in the middle and the other half trying to get across the field/playground without being stopped by the guys in the middle.

It used to get quite physical, as I recall.

Sounds more like it. We used to play it by having the biggest kid on his own with about 15 kids running to get past him to the line. He would target one kid, and if he stopped him then he joined him. Towards there end there was a couple of you trying to fight your way through a wall of kids to the other side :D

Sounds more like it. We used to play it by having the biggest kid on his own with about 15 kids running to get past him to the line. He would target one kid, and if he stopped him then he joined him. Towards there end there was a couple of you trying to fight your way through a wall of kids to the other side :D

That's how I used to play it in the 60's! :D

Hang on you forgot to mention Gas masks and ration books...and Stop Me and Buy one...and if ya had any problems down below you just kept ya gob shut and turned up the wireless...oh and going to the Saturday matinee to see 'Gone With The Wind' with 2 shillings and six pence and still having enough money for the tram home!!!!Making Love outside in the Andersen, eating ya dinner in the Morrison!!!!

Video games....??? What on Earth are they??? Is this some kind of Alien invention from the Future???:p

'How We Used to Live' a dramatised TV For Schools series in the 80's!!!!!:p :D

Sinclair ZX Spectrum

Atari games console (Space Invaders, Missile Command)

Space lego

'What's the time Mr Wolf?'

'Knock down Ginger'

'Postman's Knock'

'River' (stream) jumping.

A rope swing over said stream.

Those folding paper thingies with a choice of numbers, then inside a colour, then a lastly a silly message at the end. I wish I could make one of those again! :)

Oh and girls! ;)

'How We Used to Live' a dramatised TV For Schools series in the 80's!!!!!:p :D

I remember that !, no-one else I know does though. :rolleyes: .

How about Starfleet ?, three kids in red space ships that connected to make one big robot ?, it was on in the mornings on Saturday's.

And Battle of the Planets.

Automan was great, he had such a cool car.

Bagpuss of course.

Battle of the planets.

Triumph TR7, my first love.

Britain's space.

Getting 10p back for returning glass bottles and buying those plasitc tubes with frozen cola drinks in side them with the money.

Kiss chase.

Books at school: Peter and Jane, Tim and Tobias and the red green and blue pirates with the griffin.

I still want my car to be KITT, will never get over that!

Dont forget

Amstrad 464 with the games on tapes!

Sonic on the Megadrive!

Shell suits... :blink:

Another couple of playground game we used to play were Scarecrow Dabber & 40 40 Home (which I still dont really understand)

Awesome list btw... it does actually read like the CV of the first 'ten odd years' years of my life :thumbs:

Those folding paper thingies with a choice of numbers, then inside a colour, then a lastly a silly message at the end. I wish I could make one of those again! :)

Fortune tellers!... I made one of those last week!... :)

lol - Strangely we were talking about them at work in the office... lol And I'd just remembered how to do it!

Here's a quick google for you :)

http://www.enchantedlearning.com/crafts/origami/fortuneteller/

Fantastic! I've made one, and I'm going to pass this on to some younger viewers when I get home this evening. I wonder if anyone has these in school nowadays?! Great fun. :)

I loved LCD type games and am still fascinated by them, its great because you can get them all on ebay :-) I would love to buy all the old ones I had but I know Id play them for an hour and then er.... sell em on ebay probably.....

My nextdoor neighboor had one of these, and I was well jealous lol.

Someone brought one into work recently, was great to see :-D

OH MY GOD YOU KNOW ALL THE WORDS.....my mrs reckons you are god!

Way down deep in the middle of the Congo, a hippo took an apricot, a guava and a mango. He stuck it with the others, and he danced a dainty tango.

The rhino said, "I know, we'll call it Um Bongo", Um Bongo, Um Bongo, They drink it in the Congo.

The python picked the passion fruit, the marmoset the mandarin. The parrot painted packets, that the whole caboodle landed in.

So when it comes to sun and fun and goodness in the jungle, They all prefer the sunny funny one they call Um Bongo!

Aaaah, the good old days of my childhood :D