The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Polish or mopping?

charlton

if hes rubbed it with g3 ric clay wont touch it

Thats what i thought, the dust/tree sap like stuff is raised but wont move, the water mark effect can ever so slightly be felt in some areas, are the plain blacks lacquered? would be a bit of a cock up if it was under the lacquer, unless its something that has occurred over time, but i have never seen it before, and no its not been re sprayed.

When I was doing mine, I was using Porter Cable machine and Sonus FX range. FX 1 to remove scratches, then FX 2 for swirl marks and small scratches, FX 3 (ultra fine) to remove holograms and give deep shine. After that I put some Autoglym polish resin to correct small imperfections, then AG glaze as a sealant (looks scary when drying :D) and after that Meguiars Caranuba Wax. It take a LOT of time if you want to do it properly, also mind it was my car, my first polishing using PC, so i took my time.

Sonus cosmetics are nice, very oily - so do not leave too much dust and give nice shine, but i'm tempted to try Menzerna range on my gf Supra and finish it with Chemical Boys wet look sealant. Oh well, I will toy with this idea and gather proper stuff till summer, when Jola's Aerotop will finally get back to english soil :)

When I was doing mine, I was using Porter Cable machine and Sonus FX range. FX 1 to remove scratches, then FX 2 for swirl marks and small scratches, FX 3 (ultra fine) to remove holograms and give deep shine. After that I put some Autoglym polish resin to correct small imperfections, then AG glaze as a sealant (looks scary when drying :D) and after that Meguiars Caranuba Wax. It take a LOT of time if you want to do it properly, also mind it was my car, my first polishing using PC, so i took my time.

Sonus cosmetics are nice, very oily - so do not leave too much dust and give nice shine, but i'm tempted to try Menzerna range on my gf Supra and finish it with Chemical Boys wet look sealant. Oh well, I will toy with this idea and gather proper stuff till summer, when Jola's Aerotop will finally get back to english soil :)

thats the compounds i use menzerna , not sure what to sugest now , its tough when you cant see the problem

thats the compounds i use menzerna , not sure what to sugest now , its tough when you cant see the problem

Her car is is in OK condition, I expect swirl marks, maybe few small scratches. Colour is dark blue, that's why I want to test Chemical Boys stuff to make Aerotop really really shiny. Which Menzerna you would advice for swirls, little scratches, spider webs Peter? I can do with 2 stages so fine and ultra fine will be ok. I just got lost with all Menzerna numbers :p

im going to start with 106 tomorrow on the impreza , see what it will take out , if no good just keep going up , but it has a slide scale on the side , showing cut strengths , i wont be using a cutting pad ill stick with the polishing pads

Do not forget to drop word or two here, when you will finish and maybe pics before and after :)

I use menzerna when Tim has it in stock :)

I did my fiat seicento 2 weeks ago i had to use an sfx 1 spot pad and menzerna medium cut, the paintwork was that bad due to the poor valeting job done at the dealers :rolleyes:

I then followed round with a menzerna final finish on an sfx 2

Followed by klasse all in one on an sfx 3.

Followed by klasse sealant glaze with hand applicators.

Followed by carnauba wax.

Good luck with the Imprezza Peter, i seem to remember the paintwork being quite hard on those cars.