The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Pads that will AP Racing Calipers??

Wayney

• 2 months later...
Why do you have larger dia pads than discs?

I have AP 6 pot's and my pads and discs line up fine.

The correct pads are Ferodo CP3894D54-DS2500. You can get a DS3000 which is a hotter grade pad, which, I feel, are overkill for road use.

The discs are a little complicated. The reason being there are 2 sizes available for the Supe, 355 and 362. For each size there are four or five different discs which generally relate to the PCD of the diameter of the mating holes of the disc bell. If you tell me which disc bell you have (measure the O.D. and the no. of fixing holes to the disc) I should be able to tell you which disc you need.

Hope that helps,

Tony,

Are you sure about those being the only two discs available?

I've recently purchased a set from a guy on SF who tracks a very fast supra and I think they are the AP0500SR as advertised here: http://www.stillen.com/product.asp?id=APBRKIT6P&c=BR&b=AP%20Racing

They measure as follows:

Rotor diameter: 13.5 inch / 343mm

Rotor width (slightly used): 1 5/16 inch / 34mm

- I have another set (same rotor) that are: 1 3/8 inch / 35mm

Bells are 12 bolt: 9.25 inch / 230mm diameter

Calipers are: CP555-835S4R2 STL

I'm in communication with CW on another thread related to pads (http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=92999) and will be calling Stillen shortly. I'm beginning to think that the DS2500s are the way to go. I've read that the 3000s eat rotors and tend to dust a lot. The car is driven 3-4 days a week and will see 15 weekends/35 laps on the Nurburgring this next year. Your thoughts are, of course, appreciated.

Thanks.

Mike