The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Buying from Vine Place

Greenauto

Cheers Wayney, I've been searchin for somewhere to do the air con regas for that sort of money but bein north of the border means the average price seems to be around £70 for a regas.

Cheers Mas If Only I lived down your way I'd have a choice of regas and servicing garages to do the Sup for much less cash!

I'll get it all sorted, just gonna take a bit of time and effort. She's definately worth it though!

bought my n/a from there a year a go when they were based in durham cant fault them however mine didnt have any of the plastic rtim on rear wheel arches. ive been told they dont operate any more but they are still supplying cars to a dealer on the autopark site called distinctive cars i bought mine because they sell good cars you get what you pay for.

Thing is Vine Place are a 'typical' second hand car dealer, they'll tell you anything to get the car sold and gloss over minor problems, as long as you paid attention to the big things (like what's described in the Supra buyers guide on here) you shouldn't have gone far wrong.

I'd second that. Local to me and I've been in quite a few times. They are horse traders for sure and no virtually nothing about the cars (apart from they are shiney). I was questioning them about a couple of singles they had in.. they were absolutely clueless... lol

They don't respond to mails that don't make them money, but that not to say they are a bad bunch. If you go down there and look them in the eye they will help.

Sups are strong cars and even if they don't know much about them the chances are you have a good car.. Sups are strong and only ever suffer from niggles.. a pain someties but hardly serious and with a resource like this easy to diagnose and fix.

I just had a mate by talking me through his audi s3 woes.. you are a lucky man believe me!

he's paid 5k in 2 years for the privaledge of driving 220 bhp.

Haha point taken I'll stop wining and moaning about it now.... promise!

If I don't hear anything back from them on the panel I'll use the number provided and see if I can get hold of one. The other problems will be fixed as soon as I can. Wasn't planning on having to respray half the car so soon but its not costing me as much as i thought it might (cheers for the recommendation SupraDan) so it'll be sooner than later.

Loving the car and I'm just glad I've got such a great resource to work from in the shape of you guys and this site.

Cheers

Dave

I got my TT Supra from them recently, just a couple of minor issues that they were very keen to sort out asap for me. I had great service from them and feel I got a very good car.

The reason your having trouble getting hold of them is because they are relocating, the other company is just taking calls for them in the meantime.

I'm sure they will sort it out for you.;)

search up vine place on here,someone had a huge problem with their after sales service in regards to paint finish. I watched their stock when I was after a tt aerotop 4 years ago and they had some nice stuff then. It was overpriced but good solid looking stock. They also had a very good name back then. Niggly little b*llox stuff like this is what ruins a firms decent name and turns them into the same as every other car trader. The trader that goes the extra mile for his customer will have more customers than time not the other way round (just ask Jurgen how much sleep he gets a night lol)

Cheers Miami, I think they were worth the wee bit extra I paid to get them done. Really ties the interior to the car and adds that extra wee bit of class.

Got an email today from Dave Rowe from Vine place. Its good news he's apologised for taking so long and said he's been havin trouble gettin a panel that was in good nick so he's gonna go ahead and order me one.

Out of interest what does everyone think? leave the dash standard or get it sprayed in a nice classy gloss black? Its goin into the bodyshop anyways.

Right I'm off out for a Manual mode blast!

search up vine place on here,someone had a huge problem with their after sales service in regards to paint finish. I watched their stock when I was after a tt aerotop 4 years ago and they had some nice stuff then. It was overpriced but good solid looking stock. They also had a very good name back then. Niggly little b*llox stuff like this is what ruins a firms decent name and turns them into the same as every other car trader. The trader that goes the extra mile for his customer will have more customers than time not the other way round (just ask Jurgen how much sleep he gets a night lol)

I agree about going the extra mile, but it all depends on how the deal is done. If a customer haggles you down to the last penny, which is normally the case in car sales. Then they can't expect a trader to go the extra mile. How ever if they pay the asking price or close enough to it, then that level of service is expected.

Re Jurgen, I've spoken with Jurgen last year on a few occasions but have not brought a car from him and he clearly states, in the 1st conversation that u hav wit him, that his cars are not the cheapest, as u can pick up supras in the UK cheaper, but he imports the finest quality ones direct from Japan.

Again u get wot u paid for :)

'If a customer haggles you down to the last penny, which is normally the case in car sales. Then they can't expect a trader to go the extra mile'

Sorry i disagree with that, a sale is a sale and profit is profit, every customer i have wether its a big or small job would get the same after sales comittment

Just what i think;)