The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Have i killed it? :(

DamanC

Yep, replace those coil pack connectors, if they're cracking they need changing. They're about £5.50 each from Toyota.

I've probably misunderstood the pics, but you have two completely different plugs there, nethier of which are right for BPU.

Do you have a mix of those in your car, if not which ones are fitted?

Yep, replace those coil pack connectors, if they're cracking they need changing. They're about £5.50 each from Toyota.

I've probably misunderstood the pics, but you have two completely different plugs there, nethier of which are right for BPU.

Do you have a mix of those in your car, if not which ones are fitted?

Right, ill get myself a connector tomorrow :)

The plug to the right are my old Denso Irridium ik24's that were in before they were swapped to the NGK's (pictured left) Before this evining they were all NGK's and now all of the denso's are in.

I Dont think the connector was/is the issue. I should have elaborated a little more. The conector was all intact before i went about this evenings job, however the white piece of plastic litterally slid out of the connector. I tried relocating it back into the connector and it snapped in half very easilly.

Ive been reading the Spag plug FAQ, and it states IK24's (just gone back in) are fine for BPU? What was in there *reads spark plug* are NGK R BKR6EP 11 (which are not listed) althou i supect they are a newer revision of NGK - BKR6E (2756) that are gapped to 1.1mm which are no good for a bpu supe at all?

Well after replacing the plugs, the iffy coil pack connector and installing my FMIC this weekend i went for a spin.

Fook me and call me nigel :D shes back! :more:

No more miss fire :D

Out of the bag she boosted to 1.3BAR and for the first time my boost controller stepped in and said "im not going to let you do that Michael". Notched my set gain down a couple of percent and she is running sweet as a nut :)

Supra Pod here i come :clap: