The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Price Guide??

Guest FKARichie-Supra-R

All Supras are liftbacks...its just sales speak for the rear hatch as opposed to a boot lid.

When I brought my auto across from the uk, all autos were listed as liftbacks by the revenue office. In older models didnt it mean that the car was slightly longer 12cm or something like that, maybe the same case(thou not as much) ???

Bobbeh has made the most sense in the thread so far :p

The UK's do have more power at the top end (slightly higher BHP), though in my experience (having driven over 30 Supra's), the jap specs will feel quicker as they have more torque across the rev range (main due to lower lift ex cam and faster spooling turbo). You do of course get decent suspension on the Jap spec rather than the luxo barge UK shocks and springs.

That said, go for the best you can afford regardless of UK/import. The leather seats are horrible IMO, slippery seats is not a good thing on a performance car!

Both have the same potnetial for modification. The UK spec is best if you plan to keep thing sensible, if you want to go wild then it makes no big difference which you choose.