The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supras in five years time

Lambo

It is dropping in price right now, some into the 'boy racer' price bracket. What this will mean is most will be wrecked and it will become rarer. Not going to be a 'cult' classic, but 5-10 years from now, the price will start going up for the cared for examples.

As for parts, they will always be available thanks to the US Supra status, not a worry at all in that department.

For myself, I cannot think of anything to swap the Supra for, it is far more capable than cars many more times for expensive than it. The only car within reason that I would consider is the Ultimas. Even then, it is unlikey I would sell the Supra to get one. I fell in love with the MKIV a long time ago, and my love for them has increased since. It is reliable, handles awesomely, can make silly amounts of power, and looks amazing as well.

Don't worry about it as an investment (cars are money pits, not investments), buy one for the sheer driving pleasure it provides, you won't regret it! :thumbs:

It will probably go the same way as the cosworths and the Mk3; prices drop way down, people buy them as cheap speed; they mod them with mega-miles without a thought for reliability, then they blow up, then they get scrapped because an engine rebuild is three times what the car cost to buy.

But then good examples become rarer, prices go up, and they fall back into the hands of people with enough money to look after them properly :thumbs:

i dont see me getting rid of mine. only other car i like is a gtr and dont want to start over with tuning. even if insurance goes through the roof you could always become a trailer queen and still have your fun.

its weird how you feel over a lump of metal. i have made loads of friends through been into cars and going to shows. this is the only car i have had i have modded up. cant wait to get some serious power to see how much more fun it can be. the best thing i have seen is that yellow jun supra going round track smoking tyres. it looks so much fun and mental at the same time.

i got my supra 9th september 2000 so nearly 4 years for me.

just get an old banger to do the everyday travel to work and back.