The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Q's about TRD Widebody Kit

jevansio

We can supply the complete TRD widebody kit, its moulded from the original and fitment is spot on, done a few front end conversions, and some moulding into OEM and other aftermarket side skirts.

Like the original, front bumper is a 3-piece construction, however, most leave this out if they have a large FMIC.

We can supply the complete TRD widebody kit, its moulded from the original and fitment is spot on, done a few front end conversions, and some moulding into OEM and other aftermarket side skirts.

Crickey, I wished the taxi's in our area looked that good:)

2 weeks? im still getting micro blistering after 2 years!!! :(

yes it can carry on for ever as it just depends on how deep the air pockets are in the fibreglass, can also be down to moisture trapped between the paint and fibreglass or between the laquer and the base coat.

your car sat in the sun will heat up the panels and any air pockets or trapped moisture will expand and like zits burst out the surface leaving a pimple like effect.

sinkage is where the paint is sucked into the fibreglass, youll have a great glass like finish then over time the paint literally sinks and you end up seeing the weave in the fibreglass

Inferno has answered all the rest of questions, but on point 4, our kit is fantastic.

We've supplied nearly all the kits on this site - ours, DNK's, albundy68's, Dave Price's and they have all been top quality but must be fitted right! I can offer you a full service drive in, drive out service if you like. Your wheels won't be quite big enough though :(

Gaz.

Well i wouldnt quite go that far and say there fantastic but ive definetly seen lots worse, the fit of the panels is 1 thing but just as important is how well there laid up to start with, unless your there watching the panels being made you wont possibly know.

I recall seeing kevins car with the wbk on in blue and the paint had sunk on that, have you cured this problem now as i'd be interested to know what youve done.

yes it can carry on for ever as it just depends on how deep the air pockets are in the fibreglass, can also be down to moisture trapped between the paint and fibreglass or between the laquer and the base coat.

your car sat in the sun will heat up the panels and any air pockets or trapped moisture will expand and like zits burst out the surface leaving a pimple like effect.

sinkage is where the paint is sucked into the fibreglass, youll have a great glass like finish then over time the paint literally sinks and you end up seeing the weave in the fibreglass

youre preaching to the choir mate, i could write a book on micro blistering the ammount ive had!

i think gaz did sort kevs sinking issues, ive tried to get more info out of kev / gaz / Envy about it But had no reply.

i would have thought sinkage is much much more likely with the trd

than normal kits, coz it tends to happen along the blended parts.

i guess then it would follow that it'd be more likely to happen in blended kits but not a major issue with normal kits. (correct me if im wrong bodywork people)

I recall seeing kevins car with the wbk on in blue and the paint had sunk on that, have you cured this problem now as i'd be interested to know what youve done.

Just changed bodyshops to someone who knows what they are doing! Perfect now!

i think gaz did sort kevs sinking issues, ive tried to get more info out of kev / gaz / Envy about it But had no reply.

Just as above Al - I don't know what they done, just that it was done in a different way and has been perfect since, 1 yr and counting :D

Regards,

Gaz.

Just as above Al - I don't know what they done, just that it was done in a different way and has been perfect since, 1 yr and counting :D

Regards,

Gaz.

wish youd changed effin bodyshops 'before' you did mine mate!

im getting nowhere with wizard (theyve had 3 attempts now n still cracks on rear 1/4s),

gonna have to go to a 3rd bodyshop to get it right...

This thread is putting me off getting any bodywork what-so-ever done to mine, think sorting out some of the panel defects & a full respray in black is as far as I'll go,

Same here! Can anyone recommend a good body shop if I do decide to go down that route?

dont let this thread put you off kits guys, most are excellent and trouble free, its just the trd widearch one thats a bit of a big, hazardous route, and to be fair its a hundred times more complex/extensive than your average kit.

think of the TRD as a lifestyle choice, rather than a bodykit! LOL

oh and you cannot beat OEM skirts and a bomex type lip on the bottom of a std bumper for looks/expence/practicality imho.

Regards,

Gaz.

Be nice to get some info off you Gaz if theyve totally sorted fitting and painting these kits, what are they using as a sealer to prevent the paint from sinking ?

Be nice to get some info off you Gaz if theyve totally sorted fitting and painting these kits, what are they using as a sealer to prevent the paint from sinking ?

me too me too!

jezz's seems to be doing well as well, but thats a different kit, (still trd but not same), could be that his cheaper thinner kit works better because theres less depth of fiberglass (and more filler)

im going to have a word with jezz's Bodyshop, see if they can help with Mine, ill let you know if it turns anything up.

Regards,

Gaz.

Any info Gaz ????? surely it cant be too hard to make the call and ask or pm there number and i'll do it myself.

2 of your customers who spent £1000's with you would like some answers !!

let me know if you have any joy andy.

Ive just spoke to Gaz and will be calling back when Kevins there around lunchtime, i told Gaz i appreciate there new bodyshop wont want to give away trade secrets but this an exceptional case that hopefully they'll be flexible with and give us some details.

Im also going to speak to my m8's paint supplier to see if theyve got anything special they can recomend.

my problems worse than just the paint sinking, i have actual cracks where the kit meets the rear door and at the back where the 1/4 meets the rear light cluster.

i think its More than just a paint issue for me!

Think you need to speak to Kevin or Gaz direct, my kit wasnt fitted by them and ive no dramas like that going on.

Mine suffered the paint sinking and a bit of microblistering.

envy blame wizard, wizard blame dude, dude cant comment for obvious reasons, and im stuck with the prospect of 000s more to sort it out.

Gaz/Envy know of the situation, im not sure they can do anything to help. im sure he'll see this and speak up if they can.