The mkiv Supra Owners Club

APU but feels rather Slow

Ulrik

About an hour down the road near antwerp. If you are down my way feel free to give me a call. You do realise you are like 20 minutes away from arnout as well??

Cool :) I know Arnout is close. Next time i'm over I will be in the Supra (provided the bloody thing is running), will let you know. You'll forget that BPU nonsense soon enough after a drive in proper single :D

Oh comeon you trying to tell me now my single is just not cutting the mustard?? I know its just a mere 61 but and this is the thing no-one believed what that supra I had was good for and I tell you as an honest owner of both the supe was better. I should like most owners be biased towards the car they have now but no I am objective. And in my objective world the aristo just doesn't get where its going as fast as my supra would have done. That said it gets there with 2 baby seats, all my luggage and half a kitchen faster than a 911 does so I suppose its a bit of a moot point :D

The engine is probably performing great, its the rest of package thats probably dulling things a little ;)

Auto? An extra 200kg? Luxobarge suspension? high range diff? etc.. It ain't going to perform like a spring chicken :D

Agree about the 911 part... its a bloody great steathy understated motor. Would love to have a singled, stock looking one as a daily driver.. the M4 wouldn't know what hit it!

The suspension is actually far from stock. Ask the GT3 that tried to keep up or bignum at donington that had to move over after I tailed him rock solid through the bends whilst his car wobbled about with no grip :D I whooped elise and exige ass that day and I am no racing driver. Its heavier but that might be cos of the now lard ass sitting in the drivers seat :D Actually I would appreciatte a visit so someone else could drive my car and see what they thought of it.

I watched the vid Si posted. To be brutally honest it seemed rather 'lardy' both in and out of the corners, the power was clear in the straights, though I think it was muted due to the weight.

That said, Si made my BPU++ car seem a little slow when he followed me round the Bedford GT track... though he was on slicks at the time :D

Thanks Homer, that would be great if you could look at the car mate....just give me a call when you are in Malmö :D

The RPM meter keeps going up and down all the time, and when i put on the AC, its even worse....We thought it had something to do with the plugs, so we changed from the 3330 to 6097, still the same...

And its as slow it would be as BPU++

GRRRRR, homer tell me when you are here...can take a look at it...

I guess its bad mapping.... :(

What should i tell the mapper ?

// André

The rev counter keeps going up and down??? DO the revs actually go up and down as well??? Could be a buggered clutch or torque convertor if the revs are surging with no resulting power.

The clutch is fairly new, TRD Twin Plate Clutch...

Not sure about the torque converter.....

But the revs go up...no problems there...

My friend told me it was something about the map sensor from the FCon...

Interesting... Do the revs rise and fall when its just sat there idling? What rpm are you seeing?

Mine was doing this after the injectors and EMB went it, though Phoenix did not locate the cause (yet).

Yes it keeps going up and down, speciely when i have the AC turned on....the mapper told me i had one of the oldest version that could be good tuned for the supra..

He said i have the 3,1 and its not so meny settings for adjusting the idle, that i needed the newest version of the FCon.

And in order to get my bhp, i would need 264/264 cams..

In order to raise the boost beyond 1,4 bar safely...

Hmm

The clutch is fairly new, TRD Twin Plate Clutch...

Not sure about the torque converter.....

But the revs go up...no problems there...

My friend told me it was something about the map sensor from the FCon...

Sorry I was being lazy. I didn't know if you were auto or manual. Torque convertor is in an autobox to transfer the power from the engine.

Sorry I was being lazy. I didn't know if you were auto or manual. Torque convertor is in an autobox to transfer the power from the engine.

Mine is 6-speed, yes... :)

Im gonna buy the HKS DLI and 264/264 camshafts, HKS Cams...

Is there something elles that is needed for geting some more bhp, that dosent cost toooo much ?

Beside the DLI and the cams...

Then add some more boost....

And upgrade the F-Con V Pro Gold, from 3,1 to the newest...

to set the idle some more

// André

• 2 weeks later...

André,

Have you taken notice of what figures the afr gauge is displaying?

You need to drive the car (in say 4th or 5th - 5th would be better if you don't mind the speed) and drive at full throttle from say 2500rpm to the redline. Whilst doing this someone needs to keep a very watchful eye on the gauge display. To be safe it shouldn't really go above 11.5 once you are making reasonable boost - somewhere over 3500rpm I suspect.

If it goes over 12 let off the throttle immediately and go back to the mapper before things go badly wrong inside the engine. I suspect it will be the opposite - down around the 10 to 10.5 range in which case you may want to revisit your mapper.

ps The idle will always go up and down with the ac on (it cycles as the ac clutch engages and disengages). What's the idle like with the ac off?

Come back to us with some afr numbers....

Just got back from the Dyno...

Running 1,45 bar...

Engine, 533 hp:

http://img293.imageshack.us/img293/1350/motordynoma6.png

Wheels, 510 hp:

http://img293.imageshack.us/img293/6959/hjuldynotq0.png

I thought the differences between hp and rwhp was gonna be bigger then this ?

I think i need get my HKS DLI setup soon, hope it helps at higher rpms...

What do you guys thinks....comments ?

// André

They are healthy numbers. Did you get any AFR figures?

RWHP is what you're interested in, everything else is guessing ;)

Still no AFR figuers....since my AF meter is broken, and at the dyno, his meter was also broken.....:rolleyes:

Sooo, ill order a AEM really soon, very intrested what lvl its at

// André