The mkiv Supra Owners Club

PHR Street Turbo Kit.... Anyone got one???

JohnC

If you are after a street setup then the smaller turbos are great, I have a nonDBB PHR Stage 1 on cast manifold and I love it.

Dont forget that most UK figures are normally at 1.4bar boost, the US use race gas are at 2bar (30psi). Using V-Power there is now reason I can see for not running 1.6bar or even 1.8bar which should give you somewhere near 500rwhp.

I made 510hp at 1.4bar which is approx 430rwhp with 490ft/lbs at 4000rpm on stock J-Spec cams.

I would suggest going out in a well set up single using the street kit and decide after.

..deffo good advice.

my stage 1 is significantly better than my jspec twins where and thats even at the turned down 0.8bar.

I don't have exact figures as I've not been on a dyno with the setup I'm now running, but I wanted quick spooling and driveability for road and some track work.

Make sure you know what you want to use the car for, then you can narrow down the choice.

The answer is with the GT4088R, where men hang out and girls fear to tread. Those T60/61 are a waste of space. If you going to do it do it right and then you wont spend the rest of you life saying "I wish".

Waiting for cyber punch from Jake lol :)

... joins the queue :p

I thought people used the GT4088R because it had more characters in its name :-)

Hmmm. After reading this then I'll either sell up, or stick with my hyrbids and go down the bigger injectors, EMU and uprated Cams route. That should set me right for about 400rwhp on high boost.........right?
Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying the small single turbos aren't worth having, they are waaay more powerful than the stock peashooters or hybrids could ever be. The torque is pretty amazing.

Put a Supra with hybrids against one with a small single on the same dyno on the same day and the single would be lots more powerful.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying the small single turbos aren't worth having, they are waaay more powerful than the stock peashooters or hybrids could ever be. The torque is pretty amazing.

Put a Supra with hybrids against one with a small single on the same dyno on the same day and the single would be lots more powerful.

Absolutely...

Sheefa, don't get the wrong impression - I used to run jspec twins at 1.2 bar and compared to my stage 1 running 0.8 bar there is way more power ... so when the boost is turned up to 1.5 bar the difference is insane! I'd also driven an auto with 'stage 2' hybrids and this still doesn't feel anyting like the delivery of my single on 0.8 bar.....

Plus - they'll run at 0.8 bar all day long producing more power... stock tubbies will go bang eventually at 1.2 bar, and when you turn them up they'll just develop more heat and become a bottle neck when you do want more power.

Put it this way.... it must be significantly better otherwise all the single owners out there would have said 'DONT DO IT' ... but I can't remember any single owner ever saying that :eyebrows: