The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Desparate for help re candy apple red paint

BarnyB

Hi there. Hope you are all fine. Guess who got her Supra back today? It is beautiful, it's everything I dreamed of. :) I went for red in the end. It's a brilliant red in artificial light, slightly purple in sunlight and a wine red in low light. The paint's colour is called candy apple red but it's one of the special candy paints that we were talking about earlier. In the end it cost a total of £400 for paint and stuff and £2,550 labour. The standard of work is just brilliant. They also cleaned my tyres, the whole of the interior, windows, everything.

Now I am realising how much work there is left to do. Clean up headlights, clear indicators on the side, tidy up wipers and grill under front windscreen, tidy new number plate and bit that it's bolted to, grill for the front, leather front seats, carpets, grey exterior trim, aghhhh, is this what happened to all you guys that customised/modified your Supras? One day you think, "I'll get that interior light working again" and then suddenly you're in the middle of a chain reaction?

I will post some pictures soon, probably Monday. Happy easter to all! Sarnia.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tom front small.JPG

Tom side small.JPG

Tom ariel small.JPG

Here we go. Absolutely usless at doing picture stuff so sorry if they are too small, big, upside down or absent. The last picture shows his colour better, the first two look a bit pink but to the naked eye the paint looks redder.

Thanks again to everyone for your help.

Take care,

Sarnia