The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Dyno Day Results

Guest mk47

Maz, that sensor that goes into the exhaust....

Can that tell if the car is over/under fuelling?? :search:

If so...was mine ok??

Stef, your car was MAJORLY overfuelling.. Theres a LOT wrong with it but theres a simple solution to sort it out mate..

remove the brakes, give them to me.. problem solved :D

Ooooh check me out, Mr I Keep Finding Loads Of Nice Surprises On My Supra ;

Twas a very surprising figure to get Stef, you jammy git :)

Jealous little poo

lol, you have all your BPU bits on the way now...won't be long ;)

I just want to make sure mine has the bits required to support the power now :innocent:

Lol :D Don't worry mate I am sure you will get it sorted. Shame it was so busy or could have had a proper look around.

Im just trying to clarify what hes saying thats all :)

Yeh I know your just messing Maz. I'll be hitting tne 200s next time im sure:yes:

lol, you have all your BPU bits on the way now...won't be long ;)

I just want to make sure mine has the bits required to support the power now :innocent:

I know matey, 2 and a bit weeks and it will be done. i hope everything is as it should be with yours. Despite your endless jammyness.

Mark

p.s. im going to kick yours and Nelly's arse tonight on RB6 :hunter:

lol Maz...

So it may be new ECU time for me?

Are you still on the stock ECU? Or have you not checked yet? You need to get your hands dirty and check what injectors you are running too :D

I would act on it, though i wouldnt be too concerned yet. The thor dyno isnt the most reliable so im told. Though usually over estimates rather than under estimates.

Can you expand on this please??

Still waiting for a response here too :search:

I know m8. I was gonna say my stock car got 309 at the hubs... not sure if your fly calculation is all that correct.

The calculation at the fly was done at Interpro. Since then we have messed around with the boost controller. Im still not completly happy with it yet, my torque figure was 358 which was higher than the BHP, but my turbos were boosting to 1.1 bar then dropping to 0.95 so its 328BHP at the hub but will be a lot better once the little niggles are sorted. i would have said 309 for a standard tt was very good

At least you got a car lol,nice to meet you mate!! Are you going to the Supra day at the pod?

Yeh you too. Your car will be here soon matey, im looking forward to seeing it. Not sure about the 'pod yet, I'll what I can get done to car first.

Ok then, be rude not to. A pretty poor, even for an N/A, 164bhp at the hubs and was running rich:( . Ive only had her for a few weeks and she should have probably had a service 1st. Thats being sorted this week with a few things plugs filters and the like, I imagine a lot more is needed. Unfortunatly, I didnt get a chance to speak to Pete about it properly (he was kinda busy) so if anyone has any suggestions feel free.

Its a starting point, Im looking forward to doing some work on it now and it will be good to see the differance next time.:)

Adam I'd suggest the following:

1. New plugs

2. New stock panel filter

4. New gearbox and engine oil

5. New oxygen sensors (possibly a reason for the overfueling).

...and a compression test to see what the condition of the engine is like.

364.9 rwbh - 349.7 ft/lb

the second time the car has been dyn'd @ thor

(once before going BPU as a starting point)

so a good way for me to see an accurate increase

I.E same test, same equipment etc is always good

Im Not Competing with the Big Boys, so Im Pleased,

good enough for a daily runner anyway.

Cheers

Jamie

Guest Nicholas
364.9 rwbh - 349.7 ft/lb

the second time the car has been dyn'd @ thor

(once before going BPU as a starting point)

so a good way for me to see an accurate increase

I.E same test, same equipment etc is always good

Im Not Competing with this Big Boys so Im Pleased,

good enough for a daily runner anyway.

Cheers

Jamie

Gunmetal paint will add an extra 50hp :D

Adam I'd suggest the following:

1. New plugs

2. New stock panel filter

4. New gearbox and engine oil

5. New oxygen sensors (possibly a reason for the overfueling).

...and a compression test to see what the condition of the engine is like.

Cheers nic. I ordered some filters and plugs yesterday. I'll add the sensors to my list. Which oils do you recomend?

Cheers nic. I ordered some filters and plugs yesterday. I'll add the sensors to my list.

Adam

You'll need 2 on an NA, I think they are well over £100 each there. I can supply for around £79 each delivered if needed, but would need to order (around 4-5 weeks).

Still waiting for a response here too :search:

I was mearly trying to point out that dyno's arent always right. Ive seen it in loads of posts that people on here say that over inflates figures sometimes

a quick example, second post down by jake

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=83212&highlight=thor+dyno

I think the general rule is to use only dyno facilities at places where they dont offer tuning too.

Well the Aristo post rebuild with it's 86.5mm pistons, denso ik24's and stainless exhaust(both cats still in) made 267 at the hubs, which for a basically stock car i was pleased with, am going for 2nd decat, fcd and walbro and that should be it. I realise there are always questions over dyno figures but as no one in the world has the technology to prove 100% what is definately being put down then it is difficult to prove. When you do a performance mod you should use the same dyno to see if there is a difference. All i know is that toyota state that the car should be around 300bhp fly, my engine is as good as new with slightly bigger pistons and made about 320fly so will do for me, toyotas dyno when they built the engine was probably wrong too:)