The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Lexus oil pressure mod

flukey-lukey

I´m looking to do the Lexus bolt mod. This may sound a stupid question, but when I take off the old bolt will it be pouring oil out? Is there anywhere a good write up how to do this

Also does anyone know will a defi sensor fit in the Lexus bolt?

Thanks

Christian

I´m looking to do the Lexus bolt mod. This may sound a stupid question, but when I take off the old bolt will it be pouring oil out? Is there anywhere a good write up how to do this

Thanks

Christian

Short answer = yes:Pling: Drain the oil first then remove the bolt to drill etc. :D

Thanks

Christian

NO, you wont lose any oil - unless you do it with the engine running:p .The job is a lot easier if you remove the oil filter though, so its a good time to get an oil/filter change done.

My Greddy sensor was a perfect fit, so the defi one probably will be too, I think it is only the cheaper sensors that need the bolt re-tapped.

Well after reading a few threads about the lexus is300 union bolt mod for oil pressure guages I decided to get one...

£23 for a sodding bolt!!!!!!! I couldn't believe it!

and £1.06 for the gasket. These were from Pentagon Toyota in Barnsley and won't be in until 27th March. So anyway I paid it after laughing for a while at the parts man... 23 bloody quid.. :( :blink:

I'm not sure what this mod is, but if anyone has the part number let me know and I'll check the price of this expensive bolt from here :)

I'm not sure what this mod is, but if anyone has the part number let me know and I'll check the price of this expensive bolt from here :)

The part number you need for the mod are,

* 90401-19008 Union Bolt

* 90430-20016 Gasket

* 90301-68005 O-ring (Optional)

When the big bolt is taken off will the whole oil filter assembly come off? Can the bolt be replaced without changing the big o-ring?

If you are careful when removing the bolt, you won't disturb the filter housing, and won't need the O-ring. I've done it several times this way, but space is very limited and it takes some care. Move the power steering resevoir and oil filter before you undo the bolt.

Well after reading a few threads about the lexus is300 union bolt mod for oil pressure guages I decided to get one...

£23 for a sodding bolt!!!!!!! I couldn't believe it!

and £1.06 for the gasket. These were from Pentagon Toyota in Barnsley and won't be in until 27th March. So anyway I paid it after laughing for a while at the parts man... 23 bloody quid.. :( :blink:

£16 for the bolt, washer and gasket including postage from here if anyone else needs one.