The mkiv Supra Owners Club

So whats auto like?

Rob22

yes they all have it and it simply works by locking you in the gear you've selected.

You press the manual button, and a light on the dash tells you its active, you then just change gear on the stick between 1st, 2nd and Drive/3rd (overdrive / 4th is not avalable in manual mode).

it just means that you know you won't get any unexpected / unhelpful gear changes that can upset the car if they happen at the wrong times.........

on the subject of reliability, i can't say that i've noticed many (any?) gearbox failures of either manual or auto boxes in recent times?

Originally posted by JohnK

J specs are available with almost the same spec as the UK cars, save a few minor things like glass headlights.

The main benefit of getting a UK spec is insurance.

As for LSD's I believe all UK cars have one as standard.

Well i want the u.k spec because of the goodies and the insurance as for the LSD ive been told it was optional and the way to tell is the letter on the end of the VIN number read a little back down the posts and you should spot it ;)

I had an auto targa before buying a manual, I just couldn't get on with it. It was my first auto car and it was a very nice drive but after a bit I really started to miss the manual box and I found it a sod to drive in the wet, mostly due to the kick down. I find the manual a lot more fun and a lot eaiser to drive, but that's just me :)

I would prefer a manual as i like to control the clutch but as iam looking at a u.k spec there a bit rare :( which is a shame and iam not paying way over the odds just to have a manual box.

why there so few i will never know :confused: