The mkiv Supra Owners Club

You owned you Supe a good few years? How much did you pay for it?

Conrad

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just wondered what is the cause of this dramatic drop in price?

Working in the motor trade, prices are dictated upon 2 factors

1) Supply

2)Demand

Due to the face that the volume of sales of UK Supras in the UK was soo low, prices in the UK are dictated by imports from Japan. Currently clean Supra are becoming very rear and sought after in Japan. Hence prices are steadily rising. Speak to Jurgen or CJ to verify this. Hence I predict this will have a knock on effect in the UK, there are a lot of cheap Supra in the Autotrade & Ebay, but I expect they are the bottom end ones.

Clean examples will always demand top money all day long. I think Supra have fallen some what in recent years, but feel until Toyota finally start selling the Mark V Supra in the UK & Japan, prices will tumble a little further. But I forecaster that prices will remain stable.

My only concern is that you can pick up cheap NA & TT, will the image of Supra be tarnish, and will the flood gates open to Chavs and will the Supra be know as a Chav car? Like the Saxo?

Silver M reg Jap TT manual 70k miles...

Bought in December 2003. It was up for £13,000, i part ex my M reg 325 coup BMW with 50k miles + £7,000.

I shopped about for a good few months but all i found were white autos.

I don't know about nowadays but back then manuals were bloody rare.

* Please note i have nothing against autos or white cars, just not what i was after.;)

Bought my J-Spec TT Auto in 2003 and paid 9.5K it was reduced from 11k after some negotiation :D At the time it was totally stock with

TBH I'm still happy with what i paid and don't regret it! Just as an example a mate of mine at work bought a new Audi A3 Quattro at the same time for 22K and was offered 8.5K for it the other day :blink: and its not been that reliably (its broke down 3 times!)

I was just thinking about when I used to day dream about owning a Supra - way back in say 2001/2002. I was too young to afford one back then but I used to drool over them in the Auto Trader every week.

Then I remembered how much they used to sell for. Now I'm sure can remember auto UK spec's for £6k and Jspec 6 speeds for £7k. :search:

Am I imagining this or did Supra's used to be a lot cheaper? If so what made their value increase over recent years?

What were you smoking at the time ;) when I first looked at prices around the same time I'm near sure 15k+ was common for TT's and over 9k for n/a's, and the n/a's were rare back then.

Paid 20k for my 98 VVT-i in 2001, was prob a little over at the time by a grand or two, but I fell in love with the car and thats what got me into Supras. I wasnt looking at them before so if it wasnt for mine that I spotted I prob would have never fallen in love with these cars.................never liked the headlamps lol........

Check this... not sure if anybody else caught eye of it but there was a red UK spec TT with 112k in autotrader just before christmas for 4k. Obviously when I phoned up about it, it had gone. He said by the sounds of things I sold it too cheap. I said you're not wrong lol!

Saw my new supe parked up out side some shop near where i live, after nearly a year of wondering why it never moved i decided to go ask who owned it and ended with a bargain imac 1994 jap import auto n/a with 60,000 miles and 18" volks for £2500 :)

so now im just saving the dollar for either a complete engine conversion to tt and manual box or the n/a-t route with manual box :D

I remember in 1998 me and a mate were hunting for the 'right' Honda Prelude (he was a fickle bastard) and every time we went to a garage I'd get bored at staring at yet another pair of black 4ws auto Preludes that were identical as far as I could see, I'd wander around and look at the Supras. Memory is a bit hazy, but the general values went like this, N/A's started at 11k, TT's started at £17k, GZ6's were well into the twenties, and GZ aerotops were in the high twenties (one scruffy silver car was £27k!). There is a lady on Pistonheads who paid this for her GZ Areotop in 1997 iirc she sold it for 21k in 2001.

Iirc my mate paid £7k for a M reg Prelude- that car now is worth less than a grand. Also during the great Prelude hunt I sat in a Black 6spd Aerotop at a traders in Maidenhead. Not a clue what happened to that car. Back in 1998 owning a UK6 must have been a licence to print money.