The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Boost Levels

Phil Wall

I hit fuel cut a few times and it wasnt that severe, if you are accelerating really really hard and it cuts in then it will jolt the car, but I was foot on the floor in 3rd and it cut out, then came back then cut out again when the boost went back up. It certainly wasnt that disconcerting and I kept my foot on the floor to get a 13.08 1/4 mile time!!

JB

I've hit a mini brick wall before, but its because my ECU to speed controller signal is not going through properly. I get the warning triangle and the engine diags light up on the dash every time I pass 60-70 mph for the first time on a run and it doesn't go away until I switch off the ignition because the ECU is getting a bad signal after the speed limiter was poorly replaced.

If I accelerate hard without the warning lights up, especially in 3rd the engine stops going I have to hit the clutch reduce the revs and then try again.

I know this isn't exactly the same as Matts problem but it could be another avenue to investigate.

Laters