The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Damn, it's another noobie!

SupraDreamz

Originally posted by Supragal

If you're over 25 ring this guy: Kevin Radford at Liverpool Victoria 0800 608 608 x 5182

Tell him the Supra Club sent you and make sure you only speak to him.

Try over 30 and only if your model is on the computer!!!

As far as the manula auto debate goes I am about to do an N/A to TT transplant and at that time go from an auto to manual 6 speed. Now most people would wet themselves at the prospect of swapping an auto to a 6 speed manual but to be honest if I had an auto box and loom and ECU sat outside instead of its manual equivalent I would rather fit that!!! The auto box is such a peach its unreal (even in N/A format) It is so useable in either clutchless manual mode or driving home from a hard day at work with ur mind up ur ass mode that I would almost not be without it. Some people take aircon out of cars as it impedes their performance but me I bought a sports tourer not a ducati so I will live with the comfort and most the go if thats OK by everyone

Or do you mean that you already have points and the SP30 tipped you over the 12 points usually required for a ban?

No, I got banned for an sp30, no points, just a straight ban of 28 days, and the lady I spoke to at Liverpool Victoria said anyone who has had any sort of ban can not be insured with them, is that true?

thanks

Nick

Wouldn't worry about it anyway, not as good as some people think after getting my quote.

Seems to me that they must be getting loads of calls but not actually prepared to offer a good price or willing to cover at all in some cases.

T*ssers :D

Paul

Originally posted by nick_karkie

No, I got banned for an sp30, no points, just a straight ban of 28 days, and the lady I spoke to at Liverpool Victoria said anyone who has had any sort of ban can not be insured with them, is that true?

Had the same thing a few years back. Was banned for 21 days, SP30, 60 in a 30. The RAC would not insure me because I had been banned. Luckily, I asked the question before I applied for a policy, otherwise I would have to answer 'yes' when asked if I have ever been refused insurance :(

Originally posted by Gordon F

Luckily, I asked the question before I applied for a policy, otherwise I would have to answer 'yes' when asked if I have ever been refused insurance :(

If we were being absolutely truthful, most of us could answer yes to that question.

How many times have you telephoned an insurance co. only for them to say "sorry we don't insure imports"

Thats a refusal of insurance, they're not even interested in your driving record. :(

I've always driven, lets say, unusual cars, so getting insurance has always been a nightmare :mad: Actually the Supra has been one of the easiest to insure :)

One of the worst was an old (ex) Taxi (FX4) I had to get a traders policy to cover that, nobody else would touch it, 0-60 in, well it wouldn't quite do 60 :) 1/4 mile in say 30-40 seconds. Not what you'd call a performance car but impossible to insure nevertheless, bizzare :eek: