The mkiv Supra Owners Club

The Saga is nearing its completion...I hope....

Guest StevenSheen

Impressive torque. (not the reply to Vicky Pollard)

Not being daft here, but why is the torque higher than the BHP?? Shouldn't it be lower??

Im looking at mine and it reads 371.3bhp, with 356.3lbs of torque at 1 bar.

Guest Nicholas
Not being daft here, but why is the torque higher than the BHP?? Shouldn't it be lower??

Not always matey, my car made 510bhp and just over 600nm torque at 1.2 bar.

Not always matey, my car made 510bhp and just over 600nm torque at 1.2 bar.
600Nm of torque is about 442 ft-lbs isn't it?

Guest Nicholas
600Nm of torque is about 442 ft-lbs isn't it?

yeah it is lol looks like we posted that at the exact same time Jake. I'm guessing Steven means 460nm of torque?

Guest StevenSheen

No mine is just BPU twins, but thats defo what the dyno readout says... Engine power 360,6 BHP produced at 5785rpm, Torque 464,7 Nm produced at 5130rpm... strange, I dont care anyways only bothered about its onroad performance and thats pretty impressive.

And yeah Nick that was mine but as I mentioned she is having lots of cosmetic work done shortly, and congratulations on having a stunning supra, Lovely colour ;)

thats defo what the dyno readout says... Engine power 360,6 BHP produced at 5785rpm, Torque 464,7 Nm produced at 5130rpm...
Ahh, you said 460Lbs before.

Nm is quite a lot different to ft-lbs.

464.7 Nm = 342.7 ft-lbs

(Divide Nm by 1.356 to convert to ft-lbs)

:thumbs:

No mine is just BPU twins, but thats defo what the dyno readout says... Engine power 360,6 BHP produced at 5785rpm, Torque 464,7 Nm produced at 5130rpm... strange, I dont care anyways only bothered about its onroad performance and thats pretty impressive.

Good to hear things are back on track after all the hassle. The figures are about spot on for 1.0bar IMO.

Guest Nicholas

And yeah Nick that was mine but as I mentioned she is having lots of cosmetic work done shortly, and congratulations on having a stunning supra, Lovely colour ;)

Some good figures there and with Dan mapping it you can't go wrong matey, I look forward to seeing it completed :)

If you were there you should have come and said hi! :)