The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Elvington 4th July

Paul Laing

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not a fan of York, no top speed, the tracks worse and the road to get back is terrible, more like a dirt track!

You only get a few runs in because there's so many cars there.

Might be cheaper but the lack of decent cars compared to the more friendly Elvington makes it not as good IMHO

See you there Michael :)

i dont 100% trust elvington timing gear its been suspect on timing a few times. york is good as there is a few 10 second cars everytime at york. even been a car doing mid 9`s there too. if you go in the x class you can race against all the 4wd lads and is more of a challenge. it can be improved. santapod is good but the ques for racing are bad. best one i have been to is avon park, a very good layout.

what you hoping for with your slicks time wise

paul i thought a few from up your way off to york today?

YORK DRAGWAY Events 2004

20 June Motor Mayhem

With American Superstock Series round 2, and rounds 3 of the Northern Drag Racing Championship and Hot Rod Challenge and open Run Wot You’ve Brung.

25 July Ultimate Road Car Challenge

Including 18th Annual Ford Shootout, Cruise Missile Shootout round 4, special Ford vehicle drag racing displays and car-only RWYB.

7 August UK Northern Nationls

Wild Bunch Qualifiying. Hot Rod Challenge round 5. Northern Drag Racing Championship Qualifying. Open Run Wot You've Brung.

Sat night - 27th Annual Street Racer Championship.

Saturday night party and camping.

8 August UK Northern Nationals - Day 2

American Superstock Series. Hot Rod Challenge round 6. Round 4 Northern Drag Racing Championship. Wild Bunch Series Round 5, Roy Wilding Nostalgia Race Cars Series Round 3, and Real Steel Series Round 8. Pro Drag Racing Display. Open RWYB

29 August GTi Hot Hatch Spectacular

The Run Wot You've Brung for GTi and Hot Hatch Enthusiasts. GTi special demos. Cruise Missile Shootout round 5.

30 August Motorcycle Mayhem

Street Fighters Straightliners Championship round. Bike stunts. Large motorcycle Run Wot You've Brung.

26 September UK Northern Finals

American Superstock Series finals. Cruise Missile Shootout round 6. Northern Drag Racing Championship finals. Hot Rod Challenge round 6. Open Run Wot You've Brung.

10 October Ultimate Run Wot You've Brung

Hot Rod Challenge finals. Cruise Missile finals. Open Run Wot You've Brung plus any finals not completed on the 26th September meeting.

I don't think anyone went, Michels car isn't running yet i don't think.

I'm away on holiday from 10th July for 2 weeks, so Elvington on the 4th seems like the last time before August for me

Think on totally smooth slicks i should shave a bit off my time? If i heat them up alot?

Originally posted by ChrisB

mccany what happened to the megaboost meet :(

The meet is still on and I'm still organising what I can, I just won't be there to enjoy it :)

weddings are dull :D

I know :) It's a family thing my better half wants to go to, I have no idea who anyone is but it's only fair I compromise every once in a while :)

1. Paul Laing

2. Chrisb

sorry paul ;) lol

LOL - make sure you get plenty of photos for me!

glad your so confident :p

nah if you being tuning you should have a good chance specially if you put your drag thingy's on

ill have to find out if the handing thing is on like would enjoy that :D

you got your intercooler on then?

Think i might just stick the drag tyres on, should get a canny time with them on. They will work well i think at Elvingtons track.

No intercooler on, the weekend weather spoilt all that, but this weekend, this weekend!!! lol

Will be good to take part, and whip some cars :-)

Paul

have you got a different set of wheels with the drag tyres on?

you planning on sticking the boost controller on this weekend aswell? what boost are you planning on running, im still a chicken and dont go above 1.3 lol

Driving down with 19s on the back and 17s on the front, then put my 17s on the back with the slicks on :)

I need new tyres on the 17s anyway.

I'll probably put the boost controller on through the week, still looks very hard but my dad can help me he says :thumbs: