The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Volt meter question

shimmydude

Just curious, why a volt meter, I know its to "keep and eye on volts, but there must be more important things that could fail, that could cause real damage, that are more important to "keep and eye on". The alternators on the MKIV are pretty reliable.

When I have finished build I will have oil pressure, and oil temperature. Transmission temperature, Water temperature,AFR, EGT. If I could add another it would be transmission fluid pressure.

Not having a go just curious.

like i said a minute ago in answer to a similar sort of question to that, on my 1st post i mentioned that i already have 3 gauges in the car on a triple gauge pillar pod. These are the Oil Pressure, Oil Temp & Water Temp. Mine is an N/A so i dont have any boost gauges or anything turbo related.

I would like to have mounted a volt gauge in amongst another 2 dials via the passenger glove box replacement pannel, but i cant think of 2 other dials i could have on an N/A to make up the numbers. :)

If anyone can suggest anything else i could monitor i need 2 more gauges, else the volt gauge will prob have to go where the clock is.