The mkiv Supra Owners Club

1999 T Reg TOYOTA SUPRA TWIN TURBO VVTI MANUAL

merckx

My angel : Stop reading this thread. You've already got one. Stop it. You don't one with lower miles and newer. No you don't...

My devil : I doo...

No - it's wrong. Stop looking at the pictures, it's the 5th time today...yes it is shiny, but you want a black one.

...but this one has leather Recaros and I've never seen those....

you can buy some seats for yours.

..yes but they won't be from Toyota...

so what you've got a nice car...

It's a manual...

you don't want a manual you sit in traffic all the time...

but it would be more fun on spirited drives...

you've got the kit car for that!

Everybody says it's nice...

everybody says yours is nice..

but I want it..

you can't have it... it's 250 miles away from you...

I'll get the train..

how are you going to sell yours?

I don't care!

So where you getting the money from?

I'll borrow it out of the business....

you've got to pay it back you know...

shan't

Grow up and enjoy what you've got. It's probably been in accident

..who says? It looks nice and I could HPI check. There's no harm in looking is there?

Pictures lie. Besides, it'll be sold by the time you pick up the phone.

Not if I ring tomorrow.

It's hassle selling your car..

Not really and I will keep this one forever and ever...honest.

You said that the last three times, go to bed and sleep

ok :(

OMG Pete my reasoning has been the same... could I wangle it where I grab some cash out of the business to buy it, swap all my mods from current car to new car, sell current car etc etc

I just hope the lucky owner, whoever it may be, joins this forum

That sounds like Ferrari and the sale of their Enzo.. are you going to 'invite buyers' then?

haha, Im a realist and if the right money is offered i will let her go but Im not just going to bow out for a silly amount of cash.

Also I want the car to go to someone who is going to able to look after it and not just buying it because he thinks it looks cool, I guess I just feel like I dont want all the hard work to be for nothing and want my supra to go to someone who will love it to death as I do / did.

haha, Im a realist and if the right money is offered i will let her go but Im not just going to bow out for a silly amount of cash.

Also I want the car to go to someone who is going to able to look after it and not just buying it because he thinks it looks cool, I guess I just feel like I dont want all the hard work to be for nothing and want my supra to go to someone who will love it to death as I do / did.

like me :D

Seriously though, I know what you mean - all that work going to waste because a rich moron who wraps it round a lamp post whilsty showing off trying to get into the 'cruise' section of Lax Bowels would be pretty saddening as we appreciate your attention to detail with the car. To have something like your car would be ace, but I think I would prefer to do it myself, just like you did, was even toying with the idea of getting a 2002n/a and doing a turbo conversion just so I could have a 02 or 52 plate... Just like my computers, I spec and build them myself then I knwo their ins and outs....

Well to be honest the headaches you go through getting a car to the stage mine is at Id prefer to just buy one outright.

At least who ever buys it will know its tried and tested and its still running sweet as a nut :) You could even use it as a base car because if you wanted to change anything you know you could sell the current parts for decent money.

:)

well thats true about having it ready done, certinaly the cheaper way to do it, ans swapping out the parts is a definite option. Surely there would be some guilt about undoing what someone has already done unless it was badly done or just bad(tastily) done

Furthermore I would think it would be easier to take advantage of the knowledge that has filtered through about tuning the VVTi now. I cant decide whether I would want massive BHP with lag or a much more driveable setup like Terry's... horses for courses.... perhaps a mid/largish turbo with a stroker kit to make it spool better, hmm serious money....

well thats true about having it ready done, certinaly the cheaper way to do it, ans swapping out the parts is a definite option. Surely there would be some guilt about undoing what someone has already done unless it was badly done or just bad(tastily) done

Furthermore I would think it would be easier to take advantage of the knowledge that has filtered through about tuning the VVTi now. I cant decide whether I would want massive BHP with lag or a much more driveable setup like Terry's... horses for courses.... perhaps a mid/largish turbo with a stroker kit to make it spool better, hmm serious money....

Well if your interested.. Ill take you for a drive and you can tell me your views on the lag. As far as im concerned its a very driveable car and I use it around town

Well if your interested.. Ill take you for a drive and you can tell me your views on the lag. As far as im concerned its a very driveable car and I use it around town

Oh I am not saying your car would be all laggy - thats the whole point of having it well tuned, which I know you didnt scrimp on.

As for the ride, tempted, just let me get a change of underwear..[sHOCK][/sHOCK]