The mkiv Supra Owners Club

RR day at Triton Motorsports

Ewen

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You missed a good day Ewen.

Quite a good turnout. Mostly Scoobies, but what else do you expect at the Bournemouth Subaru Centre. ;)

WSB2 made a decent figure with the Abflug (397 I think) but went early and missed Gamer running CJZ82. :)

Bit of a hassle getting CJZ on to the rollers as they had to keep blocking it up so it wouldn't scrape. And at one stage it slipped sideways at the rear - while they were getting it on, not when running. The Triton guys were quite amazed at the beast. :D

God that fan's loud. It almost drowned out the sound of CJZ - not quite though :D

Anyway, I took a couple of pics of Gamer's car going on and a very poor shot of the final result (at 1.2 - it kept blowing the sparks out at 1.5 apparently). No doubt Joe will be along later to explain better than I can.

Photo0001.jpg

Photo0002.jpg

Photo0003.jpg

Photo0004.jpg

Nice pics mate.

Just got back in, bit of a disappointment in that I could not run anything over 1.2bar and even that was breaking up a bit at the top. I need new plugs or the ones I have need to be regapped as it was blowing out the spark. Yes, I have a DLI before anyone asks. The plugs in there now have been through quite a bit since I put them in last July or Aug. Since then she's had quite a lot of mapping done with countless RR runs. I can only assume that they need replacing. :search:

I will take them out tomorrow and have a looky loo.

Don't really know if I should put some IK24's in there or some copper plugs. Opinions on a postcard please... ;)

Nice to meet a few of you

Joe

You missed a good day Ewen

:( I was looking forward to it (and I think I'm gonna miss out on the Basingstoke meet tomorrow) but you lot wouldnt appreciate catching what I've come down with. I require a toilet within a ten foot radius at the mo:d

I had a great day, the guys there were great getting my car on the rollers. Although I did wonder if I was going to collect a tool kit as they put it on :D They gave it 2 runs one at 393 and the other 397 so Im happy :D

Told the Gf single next and she said yes you will be if you spend anymore money on the car :D (I've got the paint job coming up you see)

Gamer - Im running IK24's in mine seem to be doing fine so far. Good to meet usual bunch and nice to see pic of Ryan's black eye :D

Nice pics mate.

Just got back in, bit of a disappointment in that I could not run anything over 1.2bar and even that was breaking up a bit at the top. I need new plugs or the ones I have need to be regapped as it was blowing out the spark. Yes, I have a DLI before anyone asks. The plugs in there now have been through quite a bit since I put them in last July or Aug. Since then she's had quite a lot of mapping done with countless RR runs. I can only assume that they need replacing. :search:

I will take them out tomorrow and have a looky loo.

Don't really know if I should put some IK24's in there or some copper plugs. Opinions on a postcard please... ;)

Nice to meet a few of you

Joe

I had the same problem with mine Joe, anything over 1 bar mine was doing it, i put in some NGK R7436-9 and that solved it.

£159 deliverd from this place.:)

http://www.sparkplugs.co.uk/pages/database/results.asp

I had the same problem with mine Joe, anything over 1 bar mine was doing it, i put in some NGK R7436-9 and that solved it.

£159 deliverd from this place.:)

http://www.sparkplugs.co.uk/pages/database/results.asp

Cheers Jamie, I'll get a set. £159 is a bit pricey and I thought IK24's were a bit dear :)

Do the NGK R7436-9's need to be gapped ?

Cheers Jamie, I'll get a set. £159 is a bit pricey and I thought IK24's were a bit dear :)

Do the NGK R7436-9's need to be gapped ?

Some places sell them for £250 thats a good price, Ash put me on to that place, Yes they need to be gapped although im not sure what Greg gapped them at:)