The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Thinking of selling the trd aerotop.

Jezz

Guest emicen

Few questions:

- is it running manual wiring and manual ecu or bastardised auto harness and ecu?

- original TRD kit or copy?

- when was the car Cat D'd?

- do you have before and after pictures of the damage to the car and some details of what was replaced and where it was repaired?

good look with the sale jezzy, although I think your mad.

Your car was looking so good and I havent even seen it in the flesh yet :(

Still not 100% decided yet mate. I just dont really want to put the 3.4 stroker in an aerotop. Wibbly wobbly. :D

Cat D definition "cat d means that vehicle has been declared an insurance total loss. basically meaning that the cost to repair the car exceeds usually 75 - 85 percent of the value of the car. but that is usually calculated using manufacturer's parts"

so from this i conclude that a supra that had a smack early on in its life ie when worth maybe £30K could have been repaired and one, ie like this one, sustains possibly far lighter damage but is now worth peanuts and so is written off.........which one is worth more than the other? and how would you even find out about the early accident? With this car you know about at least one of its past incidents and so you could look throughly at this area.

Nearly all of us are driving supras that would get Cat D'd if we were unlucky enough to have even a minor off........

I'd still want to pay less for a car that has any insurance history over one that hasn't.

Still bloody nice car thogh. I'm sure someone will stump up some serious money for it....

Scooters statement isnt entirely true. It refers to a 'CAT C' rather than a 'CAT D'. A car will be written off 'CAT C' with 75% + value/repair cost. A 'CAT D' car doesnt come close to that percentage. If that was the case, when i repaired the car 3 years ago the o/s headlight and stock bumper would have come to £7500??! Now i know toyota genuine parts are pricey, but not that pricey! :D