The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Alcantara help....if thats how u spell it !!

M4RK RZ

Mark,

are you doing all the dash panels in this, including the top odo one?

Be interesting to see completed job:)

Looks like a nice alternative to painting, I did consider doing the top of the dash in black alcantara but to do a proper job would have meant taking the whole lot out which would be a major pain in the arse.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Mark,

are you doing all the dash panels in this, including the top odo one?

Be interesting to see completed job:)

Looks like a nice alternative to painting, I did consider doing the top of the dash in black alcantara but to do a proper job would have meant taking the whole lot out which would be a major pain in the arse.

Hi

Well, i have done most f the panels now and not sure if to do the odo one yet?.... thought about doing it balck?

VERY NICE :)

I think Paul mentioned about doing the top of the dash but, this would mean pulling it out.......apart for the PITA factor, I'm wondering how well it it would hold up with direct sunlight all day long during the summer months when your stuck in work. It could change colour I guess ??? and could it bubble up ???

I have had Sparco Alcantara seats in mine for the last few years now and they are holding up well but, I don't think they get the sun blasting that the top of the dash does in summer.

I do cover some of my dash and steering wheel in summer to reduce the ageing process and keep them cooler.

Didn't even consider it fading Peter.As you say the top of the dash gets some serious heat/sun on it in the Summer.

Might not be as much of a problem with the more vertical panels as done here? Still worth covering when left all day at work with some cloth though.

How are your seats doing then, no fading or wear showing yet?

Paul

ok here you go :)

Im not sure if to keep the top odo as I have done it or to order a new back one for contrast..... Im thinking black to be honest but it does look good I think for a first time trimmer ! lol

what you think? as you can see I have not trimmed the door section yet :rolleyes:

(note all new blig + blue led conversion I have also just finished :) )

the seats will be done in january with the same colour panneled up the centre of them - black leather sides / double hem with contrasting grey stiching

Copy of DSC00495.JPG

I think Terry used a paint of some sort rather than covering it, might be wrong though?

I have terry's car and yes it has alcantara type material sprayed on.. somehow - it's not quite as luxurious to the touch but it looks perfect and adheres to the every part of the most intricate bits.

I really like this job though - really good work.

I covered my roll cage in alcantara and it had zero stretch, was a real pita. I had to seam big sections of it. I'd be interested to know how you got it to stretch so well - heating it slightly - is that all it took? amazing job!

well done!