The mkiv Supra Owners Club

just about to redline in 1st then.........bang!!!

mathew

:yeahthat:

Ok I am all about that. WTF is it with switching the wipers and lights on the stalks!

You'll find that the stalks are where they are on european made cars because they are european designed motors. The stalks are designed for a LHD car. The idea is you can change gear and indicate in a manual car at the same time as wipering is less important. They may stick the steering wheel on the right hand side for UK models but they don't go the extra mile and shell out more manufacturing costs for a second steering column assy with the stalks on the opposite side specially for the UK market. Thats why motors made in the land of jap are correct for us as they don't have a majority euro market sector to cater for.

Ive always firmly wedged my left foot on the foot rest in the Supe so never done the clutch thing.

I like the stalks being the wrong way round, however it does get confusing with the daily driver. trying to flash someone and the wipers going ten-t'th-dozen!

I've also done all of the above going between my daily driver manual eurobox and my auto Supra, as well as getting into my daily driver after a stint in the Supra and trying to ram it into first gear without depressing the clutch pedal.... doh! :blink: and wondering why the hell it wont go in before the penny finally drops and I realise I have to deal with that weird 3rd pedal thingy again :D