The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hello from Canada

Guest JCFsupraCanada

Guest JCFsupraCanada

Banff is beautiful. Went there on a company paid incentive trip last year. Nice resort, golf, tennis, skiing, cable car ride. Lot of visitors or transplants from other provinces and countries. Nice night life downtown in like 4 major pubs/bars. Cute girts if you're single. Even if you're not single there's a lot of cute girls. Calgary & Edmonton are the 2 Supra hotbeds but if you sign on to the Canadian supra sites which are free of charge you could hook up with some Alberta supra owners and meet up with them next September weather would still be good enough for them to have their weekly or monthly meets. You will be just West of Calgary about 80 miles or 1 hour 20 minutes by highway. Scenic route. You will probably make friends with some of the Calgary supras and spend weekends in Calgary occasionally. Better nite life, sporting events, etc. Nice town really progressing and clean. Reg Riemer who owns the Black MK4 that won the cross America and visits Germany and Japan is in Calgary too. He owns an MK2 also and knows about MK3's. He puts on an annual car rally.

Try the Canadian Forum on Supraforums and just post up that you will be relocating to Banff any Alberta supras near there?

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=25

and Supramania under Canada there is a thread right now about 3 pages long about someone who is moving to Calgary this month.

http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29827

There is a Alberta club made up of Calgary and Edmonton owners and Jeff Lange is a good guy that bought a set of Euro folding mirrors off me for his MKiii . He works at Stampede Toyota in parts. Good guy to know if you have a supra. Oh forgot to mention most of them are MK3 owners but there are a few MK4's don't know if it matters to you or not but I have met some MK4 owners that seem to look down at MK3 owners since we aren't as rich as they are... pretty sad but true. It's mostly the ones that aren't true supra enthusiasts but saw the movie Fast & Furious and ran out and bought an MK4. Human nature my friend. But check it out and again no charge but you may have to register first to gain access to the forums.

If you bring your car with then you would be better off than trying to buy one there unless you have beaucoup $$$ then you'll be fine.

Banff is beautiful. Went there on a company paid incentive trip last year. Nice resort, golf, tennis, skiing, cable car ride. Lot of visitors or transplants from other provinces and countries. Nice night life downtown in like 4 major pubs/bars. Cute girts if you're single. Even if you're not single there's a lot of cute girls. Calgary & Edmonton are the 2 Supra hotbeds but if you sign on to the Canadian supra sites which are free of charge you could hook up with some Alberta supra owners and meet up with them next September weather would still be good enough for them to have their weekly or monthly meets. You will be just West of Calgary about 80 miles or 1 hour 20 minutes by highway. Scenic route. You will probably make friends with some of the Calgary supras and spend weekends in Calgary occasionally. Better nite life, sporting events, etc. Nice town really progressing and clean. Reg Riemer who owns the Black MK4 that won the cross America and visits Germany and Japan is in Calgary too. He owns an MK2 also and knows about MK3's. He puts on an annual car rally.

Try the Canadian Forum on Supraforums and just post up that you will be relocating to Banff any Alberta supras near there?

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=25

and Supramania under Canada there is a thread right now about 3 pages long about someone who is moving to Calgary this month.

http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29827

There is a Alberta club made up of Calgary and Edmonton owners and Jeff Lange is a good guy that bought a set of Euro folding mirrors off me for his MKiii . He works at Stampede Toyota in parts. Good guy to know if you have a supra. Oh forgot to mention most of them are MK3 owners but there are a few MK4's don't know if it matters to you or not but I have met some MK4 owners that seem to look down at MK3 owners since we aren't as rich as they are... pretty sad but true. It's mostly the ones that aren't true supra enthusiasts but saw the movie Fast & Furious and ran out and bought an MK4. Human nature my friend. But check it out and again no charge but you may have to register first to gain access to the forums.

If you bring your car with then you would be better off than trying to buy one there unless you have beaucoup $$$ then you'll be fine.

Cool! thanks buddy! :)

My cousins are in calgary so ill be there quite alot too.

and even though im a girl, and have a b/f, thanks for the tip on the cute girls ;)

Not really looking forward to it to be honest :(

im only going because the other half has got sponsership for the hockey school up there. He'll be out there for a year so theres no way i can stay here.

only problem is ive just had to quit my career as a nurse because of my back so now im stuck for a job out there :(

No cash, no job :( meh.

Anyway thanks for the links too! im sure ill have fun browsing them :)

and more importantly....

Whats your team :p ? :eyebrows:

Guest JCFsupraCanada

Well maybe if your b/f gets stolen by a couple of Calgary puck bunnys I could pop out there and keep you company. Tall, single and used to play hockey myself but much better at tennis and other things.:topsecret: ;) Hope your back's not too bad.

But seriously keep an eye on him if he's any good and decent looking the bunnys will be all over his NHL potential.

Banff is quite the party town so you should have some fun. Alberta's economy is booming still I think so you should be okay work wise even if its under the table. I mean getting paid in cash not doing anything under any tables.;)

Mas & SupraJames, thanks guys and nice avatars by the way. SupraJames my dad was from near Liverpool so we may be related. He didn't have much of an imagination naming kids we could be brothers. JK

He died 13 years ago but my Granny over there is still around but way up there in years and not too friendly.

Not sure if I read the instructions correctly but I may be limited to only 15 post as a visitor so I'll save the last one for a final farewell. Or maybe some cute single English, Irish, Welsh, Australian, Swedish, German or Polish lass will have me waste the last one on her.

Well maybe if your b/f gets stolen by a couple of Calgary puck bunnys I could pop out there and keep you company. Tall, single and used to play hockey myself but much better at tennis and other things.:topsecret: ;) Hope your back's not too bad.

But seriously keep an eye on him if he's any good and decent looking the bunnys will be all over his NHL potential.

Banff is quite the party town so you should have some fun. Alberta's economy is booming still I think so you should be okay work wise even if its under the table. I mean getting paid in cash not doing anything under any tables.;)

Mas & SupraJames, thanks guys and nice avatars by the way. SupraJames my dad was from near Liverpool so we may be related. He didn't have much of an imagination naming kids we could be brothers. JK

He died 13 years ago but my Granny over there is still around but way up there in years and not too friendly.

Not sure if I read the instructions correctly but I may be limited to only 15 post as a visitor so I'll save the last one for a final farewell. Or maybe some cute single English, Irish, Welsh, Australian, Swedish, German or Polish lass will have me waste the last one on her.

oh trust me, i will put the bunnys in their place.

the ol fist in the gob never fails.

No cash, no job :( meh.

After tonights performance Kook, I think you could make a career on here entertaining the boys :)

I'm sure you'll love it once you're there and get into it, getting away and experiencing life in other parts of the world worked for me. You never know what opportunities will come your way if you give it a go :thumbs: