The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra discussion on cliosport.net

Underworld

I used to be a member of that site, because i owned a Clio 172 cup. I have to say that it was a good car, quick off the line and good in the twisties...but it was the quickest version (bar the 3.0 V6...on paper anyway :) ) as it only weighed just over a ton and i had it RR at 189BHP at the fly.

BUT i wholeheartedly agree that most of the people on that site are a bunch of C*CKS!!!

To be honest I've known of plenty of 'slower' cars that have kept up with quicker ones - Satria GTI vs Impreza along twisty mountain road for example. Probably to do with driver a lot of the time. Anyway, Clios are quick cars and I have a lot of time for them but Supras are sooo much quicker. (Plus I do think the 172/182 family are all over-rated on handling except for the Trophy version).

I beg to differ. I went up against one of the guys who's respected on one of the supra forums (lucifer or something?). Think he's got 450bhp. He was quicker but there wasnt feck all in it really! Wasnt getting away anyway...

Since when has Martin Been respected ? :p

He is obviously talking out of his anus. :)

I had a clio as a run around (that's all they are good for, handy for shopping lol) but it was made out of cheese. Very shoddy in deed, it went wrong quite a lot.

My neighbour used to flash around in his V6 sport a lot as if it was the dogs, when I got the supra he kinda stopped bringing it out and now I hardly ever see it, it just stays in the garage.

the normal clios are all fwd rubbish anyway and the v6 sport versions are way overated tbh