The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Nurburgring 2007

Robbie

Tom (Ahh Aristo) is going to organise a BIG club trip to the 'Ring next year (hopefully reserving an entire guest house/hotel to ourselves) but there is nothing you can confidently organise until the dates the ring is open to the come out early in the New Year.

We went this year and it is fecking awesome, just don't make a mistake and hit anything as it will cost you big. Treat it as a fast road rather than a circuit and you should be fine. :thumbs:

Great advice. Especially the cost thing.

Gaz.

Trying not to tempt fate, but before I go back I'm going to break my long standing rule and finally get a credit card; just in case the worst happens. I have been told by regular ringers (snigger) that they will refuse to let you (or at least your car) off site if you don't pay up there & then for any damage you have caused.

I'm also going to try and re-learn some basic German, one of our group nearly got stuffed for repairs that weren't his doing, because he spun in that spot avoiding someone else's accident. Luckily a local turned up in the office and explained what had happened. :)

For any of you thinking of going to Le Mans next year - here's a little something to maybe get you in the mood. (Sorry for the thread hijack, Robbie! - oh - must get that video together from Marham sometime too, sorry!!)

VIDEO

Ah, you're making me get in the Le Mans mood again! Plenty of time to book for next year still. And that's my flimsy excuse to post up a link to the trailer for this years DVD! Must finish editing it, or it'll be time for next years.

Le Mans trailer

There's a link to the year before's one in there too.

Chiefgroover, is organising one around then ?

Prob going to be Aron, Ash? Ski, a few others and myself, maybe 12 or so cars going, will sort it out in the new year when I get my next Supra.

Yeah Gaz, you come along too, bring plenty of endless ccx and ccr pads and dba gold discs, etc and I have a great garage there that can do the fitting and setup everyones geometry for the ring, as I really intend to give it 110% this time, so brakes could be a daily thing!

Ro, hope you car will be ready to go!

I'll be off over there at least three times in 2007 ! Can't wait.

Hopefully my plans tie in with other Supras that will be going over.

I organised last year's Supra trip over there and its a difficult thing to do to be honest. Lots of people will initially say they want to go but when the time comes to it a lot will drop out, just like any event really. Not having a dig at anyone, its just the nature of how things go.

Then unless you pay big big money for the Dorint Hotel at the track itself there won't be a place big enough to accommodate any large numbers of people to stay in the same place,.... I got some stick over that on last year's trip... but this is also just the way things go.

For those that haven't been before, if you like fast cars and you like driving them as they were built for, then the Nuerburgring is like nowhere else on the planet. You are really missing out on something if you don't get yourself along and try it out.

It doesn't matter if you're not a fast driver as you get all sorts on the track, I know that this sometimes puts people off. But as long as you can point your car through a corner and drive within your own limits you will have a great time I'm sure.

Supras get a lot of respect in Germany as they are a rare car, to me it seems like they rank above Porsches and M3s etc. in terms of 'wow' factor reactions from the public.

The German people are very nice and frienldy, and the whole country is as clean and tidy as a ..... well... a very clean and tidy thing. Much much cleaner than here in the UK that's for sure.

Good luck to whoever organises this year's trip, hope you get a good turn out.

:)

miko - brake and tire wear is not all that bad to be honest. The surface at the 'ring is in good condition for most of the track and doesn't eat into tires.

If you keep a smooth flowing driving style then tires and brakes won't be punished.

But the fuel does cost a bit I agree.... a TT Supra on the 'ring will be into the single figures on MPG. And then there is the cost to drive there and back.

See you at TTE!

Brigitte is waiting for nice cars!:D

It's amazing how in a very short space of time Marc can make a supra feel glued to the track. Sabine Schmitz place again for dinner?.

Think I'll leave the car there again as storage is only £27 a week, and fly back (nice cheap flights) every other weekend. Hajo can clean and polish and do taxi to the airport. Now thats what I call a good summer :-)

miko - brake and tire wear is not all that bad to be honest. The surface at the 'ring is in good condition for most of the track and doesn't eat into tires.

If you keep a smooth flowing driving style then tires and brakes won't be punished.

But the fuel does cost a bit I agree.... a TT Supra on the 'ring will be into the single figures on MPG. And then there is the cost to drive there and back.

It's a lot easier on tyres than my local track, very easy on them in fact. Brakes, you need a 600degree pads or if your really going for it 800 degree (endless ccx for 600 and ccr for 800).

I got 5 laps to a tank full (Uk spec larger tank) of 100 octane, which is awesome stuff!

Then unless you pay big big money for the Dorint Hotel at the track itself there won't be a place big enough to accommodate any large numbers of people to stay in the same place,.... I got some stick over that on last year's trip... but this is also just the way things go.

You were in a sticky situation there Aron, as a complete newbie I had no idea wahat was going on so some advice on where to stay might have helped, and meant more of us were in the same place; Kate & I nearly ended up in Adenau, on our own. :( Hey actually... :sly: :eyebrows: :innocent:

It was a shame not to have had some sort of plan for everyone to to meet up in the evenings, but no doubt that clashed with other people's plans & you can't EVER please everyone...

In the end all was well and you managed to miss me when going sideways on the track for whatever reason so don't sweat it. ;)

For those that haven't been before, if you like fast cars and you like driving them as they were built for, then the Nuerburgring is like nowhere else on the planet. You are really missing out on something if you don't get yourself along and try it out.

It doesn't matter if you're not a fast driver as you get all sorts on the track, I know that this sometimes puts people off. But as long as you can point your car through a corner and drive within your own limits you will have a great time I'm sure.

Supras get a lot of respect in Germany as they are a rare car, to me it seems like they rank above Porsches and M3s etc. in terms of 'wow' factor reactions from the public.

The German people are very nice and frienldy, and the whole country is as clean and tidy as a ..... well... a very clean and tidy thing. Much much cleaner than here in the UK that's for sure.

Agree 10000% with all of that, perhaps I haven't reaslied it until now but I'm sure that's part of the appeal for me. The looks the Supras get; people step out in front of you as you trundle through the car park, to take photos. They swarm round when you pop the bonnet to check the oil etc... and when we went round together - there are dozens of photos on 3~4 different sites with those pictures!! :D

Since the trip Aron organised last year there has not been a single day go by that I haven't thought about it and wanted to return. It's SO addictive, it really is. :)