The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra fuel consumption

Guest msjeal

Not got bags of money in the reserve......but to give you an idea over the last 18 months ive spent on my mr2........£700 new brakes and calipers all round, £200 on a stater motor, £400 new alloys, £400 on new tyres all round, £600 quid on servicing and various parts for mot, and prob some other stuff that i can't think of. I'm well aware that these tyes of cars have high upkeep costs, but im not after a boring A-B car like a focus, need something to brighten upm my commute!! Im not tight either when it comes to paying for petrol.......the mr2 isnt exactly economical, but just trying to gauge roughly how much it would be to run.

If your using a car like this everyday theres no way you wouldnt try and work that out first before buying one. If it was just a weekend toy i wouldnt give a monkeys!! :D

Id just have a bit put in reserve just in case, if you find you cant afford petrol you can always sell it on as many do, if something goes wrong and you cant afford to fix it thats when your stuffed.

On the whole they are reliable cars although most are 10yrs old now so part do need renewing. Its the modding bug that gets you for money!

I'm really uncertain about some of the advice in this thread.

If you drive like a saint then you might get high 20's, but day to day I cannot see how it's possible. I once got 30mpg out of my TT cut that was driving off boost for 400 miles and not seeing more than 60mph, it was in a 6spd too.

If fuel economy is a concern then a Supra is not the car for you. What do you have in reserve to run the car - they are not cheap when things go wrong!

:yeahthat: Never had more than 30mpg out of mine and as homer said that was driving off boost and under 60. You cant have a Supra and be concerned with fuel ecomomy.

It depends how you drive. I filled my NA up, drove 40mls and the neddle never moved. I thought great its not too bad until i put the foot down and thats obviously when you see the difference but then i was booting her. If you drive reasonable then you'll get not to bad mpg. not great but not bad.

Well I can get 30mpg out of my 6-speed TT, and that's not driving like a fairy but driving pretty sensibly. You can cruise in the TT off boost at about 100-120 leptons on a fairly flat bit of dual carriageway.

The rest of the time I get 12-15mpg though :D

Same here i travel most weekends from plymouth to aylesbury in buckinghamshire (240 miles in each direction) and sat at 75-80 mine returns 25-28 mpg mines a bpu+ uk tt.