The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Scooby Day - Elvington 31st May

Paul Laing

Monday 31st May (bank holiday) there is a Scooby Day and cars other than Scoobys can go, i went to one last year and got 15 runs in, small ques etc unlike York. Also top speed runs, i have emailed them and asked to be added, should be good. Anyone else up for smokin some Scoobys? Theres a few quick ones there like!!!! Email below to add your name to list :)

[email protected]

yep

May 30-31 UK Open Nationals

Qualifying and 1st round of American Superstock Series, with 2nd rounds of Northern Drag Racing Championship, Hot Rod Challenge and Cruise Missile Shootout plus Run Wot You’ve Brung sessions :)

• 2 weeks later...

I doubt i'll be going, well i know i won't be taking the Supra as it's off the road with brake problems (caliper needed) but might pop down in the Fiancee's car, maybe.......Just to watch Kevin really, but i'm totally gutted my cars not running.

20th June will be my next run in the Sup at York, should have everything done then :)

Well I am just a bit demoralised after Elvington today. I cranked the car up to 1.5 bar for the first time and ran the car twice and it misfired all the way down the track I then turned the boost down to 1.3 and ran it again and it did exactly the same :(.

I decided to call it a day after that just incase I did any serious damage. It was a red hot day here today similar to TOBII and I am not sure if that affected the car or if I have a problem with the plugs or the fuelling.

I had been running the car hard at 1.3bar on the road all week and it had been running well. I got a bit carried away with a convoy of Scoobies on the way down to the event and I am not sure if I have done something enroute.

It looks like this event may have come to soon for me and I will have to fit the reminder of my planned mods and get to a track in the very near future. Just pleased I did not travel to Rotorstock!

The times of the three runs were 12.81, 12.83, 12.91. I suppose it can only get better from here!

Kevin

I have to say, I wasn't too impressed with elvington today, been better at other meets.

Did see the car Kev, looked for you but there was no-one about, looked very nice though.

I'm sure yuo will get it sorted, good luck!

Tough break Kev , still its all part of the fun , sounds like Plugs to me , do you have a DLI and what management are you using ???,sounds like it will piss 11's when its sorted .

Dude

:flame Dev

Elvington was very dissapointing for a change! Not sure whether the Scooby day bugged me but there was far too many of them, i know it's a Scooby day but they got on your nerves at the end!

Felt sorry for you today Kev, everything was going great till you hit the strip then it all went bad, forget about it though and concentrate on making the car even better and working 110% for the next race meeting eh? Car looked great, i'm sure you would have got into the low 11s with that setup.

The only good points of the day were seeing CRD's Supra and Scooby, when we left at 2pm the Supra's best time was a 10.3 but was still struggling for grip, that was some beast!!!

And their Scooby, which did a run of 10.9 which is incredible for a Scooby!!!

If CRD hadn't been there then it would have been a very boring day watching all those Impreza's, thats twice now i havn't raced, very frustrating just watching, next time!!!!

Cheers,

Paul

Paul,

Is yours the one with the old style (black) no. plate?

I saw your car at elvington the other week but I can't say I noticed the plate, then I saw a similar one yesterday with the black plate at the top end of the car park but couldnt see anyone near it to ask.

hope you get it sorted kevin.

skyline lee sent me a vid clip of the crd supra racing the crd scooby if anyone can host a 9 meg clip

they have the fastest supra 9.95 and now got the fastest scooby at 10.9

anyone want to host. its of supra doing burnout then racing the crd scooby. they both launch well and just go

Originally posted by Jake

I can.

let us know how you want the file sending as some emails have a limit of 3 meg

also got a 9 meg .wmv file of leon and dudes race where he does a 10.927 if you want to host that too, just grabbed it off cam. looks ok quality

thanks

my email in the email button