The mkiv Supra Owners Club

How many supes come off road at winter?

RobEvans

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Use mine all year round. Supe is my dream car, don't want to drive anything else!

See come on lads, even a girl is prepared to drive in the winter.....

Dont see the arguments about it being more dirty, my front wheels always determine wash day due to brake dust and that accounts for about 5 days, so the Supra would never be that dirty from winter rain......

Also if you drive around on 1.1bar of boost then your gonna become a cropper sooner or later, it will only go as fast as you tell it, so drive it to the conditions....

Plus I dont agree with cars stood about, their not designed for that purpose and cars usually only develope problems being stood about as they just dont like it......

And even if I had the luxury of a second car and spare garage to store the Supra in, I just wouldnt, far too much time and money put into to it to lock it away for months......

Plus even abit of winter rain and the odd salting aint going to eat your Supra........metal can be quite tough you know..... :p

:cool:

I used my last supra through the winter and currently using it too. Just drive more carefully now. I think im going to buy a 2nd car in January though and take the supe off the road for a couple of months :)

Well I've just got mine, so im going to drive it. Drove it through rain all the way to essex tonight and back, took it easy, was fine. Stay off the second turbo and its fine. Dont treat it with respect and you'll regret it :)

I've got 2 other cars anyway, and they will all get their share of use, until I sell my porsche and then im down to two. Hmm what shall I drive, diesel astra, or Supra ? lol

use mine everyday to do service calls in.

not tried in ice but saying that the traction control thing is busted so it skids everywhere anyway, especially with the unique handling of my car i.e . "Hidden bump pouncing supra!"

Mine isn't going to be ON the road until winter :) .

Don't see why it should be a problem. Wait until you've been through winter with nothing but a 120bhp Gsx-R 750 as your only means of transport. Then you'll know the meaning of throttle control on ice and snow. Plus you'll be warm and dry, bonus :)

I can understand those who live in areas more affected by winter wanting to preserve their cars, but winters not too bad down here. Ive only had to drive in light snow a couple of times in almost six years. The gritters do their stuff, I wash their stuff off regularly. The thread about carbonisation really scared me. Not only do I use her every day, but I now try to get a good run in everyday especially if I've been commuting. I'll avoid the back-roads when weathers bad, but thats about it.

How about, as a cry for sanity to all, this winter we don't have any threads about cars spinning off at all, because we usually lose 2 or three Sups over every winter.

Just try and keep it (and you) in one piece, eh?

:) Thats what I thought the thread title meant at first.