Am I a chav if i have a shopping list?

Underworld

Are shopping lifts acceptable?  

87 members have voted

1. 1. Are shopping lifts acceptable?

• Yes
    • No
    • Undecided

This is a waste of time.. trying to explain why the term JDM is used,and has been used since the import boom started,

I love the way you continue to show that *you* don't understand what JDM means while constantly saying we can't grasp it :rolleyes:

I think it's fair to say that Japan had a domestic market for quite some years before the car was even invented ;)

These days the term "JDM" is used by people outside of Japan in an attempt to win points over those crazy enough to buy their bits and pieces from elsewhere - mainly Americans with Hondas.

What's wrong with J-Spec?

Elvis, Cowboy, JDM or just lucky?

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I love the way you continue to show that *you* don't understand what JDM means while constantly saying we can't grasp it :rolleyes:

I think it's fair to say that Japan had a domestic market for quite some years before the car was even invented ;)

These days the term "JDM" is used by people outside of Japan in an attempt to win points over those crazy enough to buy their bits and pieces from elsewhere - mainly Americans with Hondas.

What's wrong with J-Spec?

Elvis, Cowboy, JDM or just lucky?

[qimg]http://carsmedia.ign.com/cars/image/article/689/689180/dvd-check-jdm-option-vol-23-20060216045814672.jpg[/qimg]

We created J Spec not JDM .....

So have *you* quite finished trying to be smart and make someone else look silly, when clearly the term is not understood

So rather than actually trying to have a pop and a person .....stick with the thread

blimey and its taken 5 pages before we go off thread.. and start on the person must be a record ........

Note to myself .

Exit this thread :taped: :taped:

No no no! Don't exit the thread, just read what Michael and others have written, before you rush into typing another badly thought out reply actually take in what they have said, and hopefully you might learn something.

The term 'JDM' refers to a market in which a product was intended for, not the actual product itself, there is such a term for every country's market eg. 'UKDM' or 'USDM'.

A Veilside spoiler isn't 'JDM' it is simply a spoiler which can be bought in almost any country.

A chav shopping list is not a 'JDM' thing nor was it intended for any other country's domestic market, it is simply a load of stickers (normally tatty) stuck on to a usually badly modified car, be it a jap car or any other.

Do you get it yet? it is not the term 'JDM' that is the problem, it is the incorrect context in which it is being used that people have a problem with.

No no no! Don't exit the thread, just read what Michael and others have written, before you rush into typing another badly thought out reply actually take in what they have said, and hopefully you might learn something.....

You can be my wingman anytime ;)

(He still won't get it though)

We created J Spec not JDM

I think the Japanese created J-Spec.

No no no! Don't exit the thread, just read what Michael and others have written, before you rush into typing another badly thought out reply actually take in what they have said, and hopefully you might learn something.

The term 'JDM' refers to a market in which a product was intended for, not the actual product itself, there is such a term for every country's market eg. 'UKDM' or 'USDM'.

A Veilside spoiler isn't 'JDM' it is simply a spoiler which can be bought in almost any country.

A chav shopping list is not a 'JDM' thing nor was it intended for any other country's domestic market, it is simply a load of stickers (normally tatty) stuck on to a usually badly modified car, be it a jap car or any other.

Do you get it yet? it is not the term 'JDM' that is the problem, it is the incorrect context in which it is being used that people have a problem with.

JDM style is a term that has been used for 13 yrs (my time) in the jap import industry because they come from the Jap domestic market and the look has simply come about from the the way the cars arrive here.. hence the term

Basically .. read it as you wish. this is simply a term used to describe cars that arrive with all the bits and peices on

Its not set in stone just a simple a term used to identify a style.

The Jap car scenre love their spoilers/ graphics etc etc

Drift car look another term same as but just describes a style

What a load of aggro over nothing. a simple term used and we have a major debate..

FFS a Supra is not JDM in fact it was designed for the US market. A J-spec car is a Supra that has been sold to some one in Japan that has a Japanese specification such as not needing a fog light for example. There are also Euro-spec cars that have specifications for the European market.

However A Honda Integra DC5 is a JDM which was designed and built for the Japanese market

I do know that !!! its doesn't just refer to modified cars

That is why the term is used!!! rather than Jap modded car with Spoiler on

Because the "types" of car we purchase are usually all modded hence why there is a buying market to begin with is why we use the terminology

Perhaps this term should be "used on here" differently

Modified JDM vehicle

And that will please some

I think this this should be closed now as its going no where and the poll still sits around 50 / 50 which surely means its ok to put graphics on your car... (which is what this all started out as )

but at the end of the day its your own choice anyway

FFS a Supra is not JDM in fact it was designed for the US market. A J-spec car is a Supra that has been sold to some one in Japan that has a Japanese specification such as not needing a fog light for example. There are also Euro-spec cars that have specifications for the European market.

However A Honda Integra DC5 is a JDM which was designed and built for the Japanese market

Correct Ian

People just have trouble understanding why the term "JDM style "is used in the first place, and think its some set in stone term or chav

The DC5 has the large spoilers etc which is aimed at selling in their market as that is the style they want and appeals to them

Even when you look at Legum estates, Big wheels Spoilers , mirrored glass all aimed at selling in the JDM market

JDM means the market it is sold in not just a style

The "style "comes from because of the market in which it is sold in if that makes sense.. ??

I'm finished with this thread (again) its going no where, just different peoples views of what "they " think it means ,

So if they are happy with their own interpretation.... happy days