The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Alloy Wheel refurbishment

JODY T

rather than get an expensive refurb, i'd sort that with wet and dry. ive had one of mine done like this and it's barely noticeable

Yeah i did think about that Lee, its just the car is pretty much faultless... If they can be fixed ill get em done.....

serves me right getting 265 30s instead od the wider 275 30 that woulsd have saved them... Perhaps if i wet and dry em and put on a set of wider rears, it would be less noticeable...

Still wouldnt be happy though..... I would have prefered a big dent on the car, at least i could have fixed it...

Yeah i did think about that Lee, its just the car is pretty much faultless... If they can be fixed ill get em done.....

serves me right getting 265 30s instead od the wider 275 30 that woulsd have saved them... Perhaps if i wet and dry em and put on a set of wider rears, it would be less noticeable...

Still wouldnt be happy though..... I would have prefered a big dent on the car, at least i could have fixed it...

unless you get down on your hands and knees, you can't notice mine at all and this kerbing is a third of the way round the rim

blame the driver not the tyres

Jazz it was either the wheels or the side of my car... I had right of way but he was bigger than me... Lorry 1 Supra 0!

As you can see from the damage it wasnt like i parked wrong and kerbed them all the way round.... Thought i did pretty well to get off with damage like that! Not that that helps much

Try and bring them up again like Lee says, and get some fat tyres (275/285) that should it. Better than a refurb.

I reckon £120-125 per wheel to refurb kerbing/polish/paint.

Gaz.

gaz is that for polished rims or do you polish them and then paint them??

Guest gzaerojon
thats what i thought.... so is that a good thing or a bad thing for refurb?

i would say it's a good thing, if they can be ground down and smoothed out then they can be buffed up.

strange if they are, i cant see why the cx's and the cr's are both chrome and all the others are polished

i bought mine from a guy in miami, but before he sent them he had the fronts refurbished as they were curbed, all i know is they are absolutely mint now and they were never taken apart (i asume they would need stripping down to be chromed)

also i polish them with ali polish and they go black just the same way my polished pipes go when i use the same stuff.

that's not to say JODYT's are not chromed though as i can only go by what mine are like, maybe they don't need to be chromed if released in the states?

Edit: read the rest of the thread now, they are chrome :innocent: