The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Cons of wheels spacers?

GazzaGSi

I'm gonna have to sourse some good spacers, i'm pretty sure that my wheels won't fit over UK spec brakes, and I don't really want to change my wheels. Was gonna go with the Ultralite versions, but I may have a look at the SRBPower ones too now. :)

If you wanna have a look at a set pop round mate - I have them fitted front and rear :)

You screw up the suspension geometry and subsequently the handling. You will also get through a lot of wheel bearings.

i have 11's with negative offset and have no problems at all. no tramlining pulling or uneven wear, had a full alignment/caster/camber check done and everything was spot on :rolleyes:

The standard wheel studs should be ok with 5mm spacers

From my experience if you put 5mm spacers over the existing studs you need to check your stud length. :)

I had 4mm spacers on the rear which only gave me about 5mm of thread held by the wheel nuts! :blink:

That's why I fitted longer studs.

It will of course depend on the wheel you have fitted and how much aluminium you have between the nut seat and the face of the wheel which bolts to the hub.

From my experience if you put 5mm spacers over the existing studs you need to check your stud length. :)

It will of course depend on the wheel you have fitted and how much aluminium you have between the nut seat and the face of the wheel which bolts to the hub.

Good point :) I forgot that the hubs on my rims are somewhat thinner than the standard ones therefore leaving a reasonable amount of thread even with 5mm spacers. :D

My current spaces are thicker still so I now have longer studs to suit:d :D

Good point :) I forgot that the hubs on my rims are somewhat thinner than the standard ones therefore leaving a reasonable amount of thread even with 5mm spacers. :D

My current spaces are thicker still so I now have longer studs to suit:d :D

The wheels I had fitted were crap anyway, glad to get rid of them. :D

Chris, do you have any probs with the tyres rubbing on the rear arches, with the five mm spacer on the car ?, or have you had the arches rolled ?

No and no:Pling: (especially since the bugger won't go right now LOL) - no rubbing whatsoever and the rims sit nice and flush with the sides of the car :)

No and no:Pling: (especially since the bugger won't go right now LOL) - no rubbing whatsoever and the rims sit nice and flush with the sides of the car :)

You got your UK spec brakes on the car yet mate ?, if you have i'd like to see if my wheels will clear them with the 5mm spacers. Got a feeling I might need to get the arches rolled though, the wheels sit pretty flush with the arches already. :rolleyes: