The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Which Single Turbo

terribleturner

Any info??

its pretty much what Terry S had on his car,think his was a modified version though.Eyefi a former member has one on his car with 4"DP/MP combo and it really does fly.He has data logged it and says in some gears he is getting full boost at 2850rpm.Been out in his car a few times at 1.5bar and it really has no lag to it at all,If I went single again I would probably be very tempted by that set up!

Just being reading Eyefi's posts on Supraforums. Good article as they talk about using the T66 too :clap:

The GT35R will give about 480rwhp @22psi

while......

The T66 will give about 500+rwhp @18psi

And to quote...... "I just don't see the point in limiting yourself to the smaller turbos unless you have a specific requirement that they only can fullfill"

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=235983&page=1&pp=25&highlight=GT35R

its pretty much what Terry S had on his car,think his was a modified version though.Eyefi a former member has one on his car with 4"DP/MP combo and it really does fly.He has data logged it and says in some gears he is getting full boost at 2850rpm.Been out in his car a few times at 1.5bar and it really has no lag to it at all,If I went single again I would probably be very tempted by that set up!

Spool i think depends on the Hotside option, biggest available is the 1.06AR which will introduce some lag, but from what ive seen it wont push more than 550 at full tilt.

Its also a T3 flanged based turbo and Granted, it has very rapid spool characteristics, though at the moment seems to be

a great turbo for the 1JZ boys, and the compressor maps do look pretty good. But for the 3.0L you are going to limit yourself to that 550 ceiling. If your happy with that, then its defo the streetable setup i would opt for.

The 4 bangers are catching on to it such as EVO's and WRX's as it suits the 2.0L - 2.5L class better.

What type of mods Alex?? Mine was water cooled anyway and to be honest i don't think im bothered with another water cooled one as i actually felt the turbo/engine ran hotter :(

If you don't want a water cooled turbo then stay away from the DBB. Maybe try a T67 q trim?? The mods Alex is on about is the oil restrictor in the feed line and the water pipes which you already have.

I wish this turbo mumbo-jumbo stuff meant something more to me :(

James, good luck with whatever you choose, hope the build goes well, your car has been off the road for too long. :)

See i always used to look here but it hasn't been touched for a while :(

If you don't want a water cooled turbo then stay away from the DBB. Maybe try a T67 q trim?? The mods Alex is on about is the oil restrictor in the feed line and the water pipes which you already have.

AAaaahhh i understand. :thumbs: