The mkiv Supra Owners Club

V Scared.... Rolling road day..

scooby_doo_do

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 Supra up for sale........Any offer accepted, as its shite......

:mad: :(

I was the first car on the rolling road and i managed a awfull 353bhp at 6346revs with 311Lbs of torque...

The graph shows the bar to go up then flat then up and then down a bit, and then up slightly....

He said the car had a really bad misfire and i should expect a hell of a lot more out of it. On knowing that i had not changed the plugs for ages he told me that the hks iridiums are shite and i should just put some ngk's in it.. He said that 9/10 times its the plugs...... So i bought myself a set of ngk's and fitted them there... I was so cheesed off that i didn't want to pay the £30 to have it on the rollers again.........

I'm going to run it for a while and see how it goes, i did notice the boost went a lot higher as i set the boost controller so it was basically off and the car sat nicely at 1.2 bar on the way home...

The only good thing that came out of the day was that my car was the most powerfull...... Just shite.....

As you can see i'm not entirely happy....

:(

Originally posted by scooby_doo_do

I was the first car on the rolling road and i managed a awfull 353bhp at 6346revs with 311Lbs of torque...

He said the car had a really bad misfire and i should expect a hell of a lot more out of it.

The only good thing that came out of the day was that my car was the most powerfull...... Just shite.....

As you can see i'm not entirely happy....

I think you are being very hard on your poor beastie

You put crappy (!?) spark plugs in - and it still gives you 353 at the HUB - which is about std for the soops with BPU - a load have made a lot less m8

The torque IS low - and there is obviously some sorting to do - sparks / fuelling whatever

Jees guy - give yourself a break!!

:eek: :thumbs:

Paul, remember this was a rolling road, so the reading was at the wheels, not the hubs. Last year at G-force, mine got 297 RWHP.

But also remember that you can't compare dyno plots unless you get them done on the same dyno... - Torque does look a little low though.

Iridiums crap eh? :innocent:

What was the fueling like , the guy must of told you or did they just chuck it on the dyno ??? Main point is were you happy with the car before it was dynoed or did you dyno it because you thought there was a problem ??? im sure if you bung the guy a drink he will flick a few switches and give you a readout with a lot more HP !!!:conf:

Dude:flame Dev

Stage 3 Hybrids

HKS Front Mount S Type

Spark plugs...

No Cats...

Exhaust

Air filter

FSE Boost Valve

FCD

Blitz BOV

TRD Oil Filter - Oh er missis

Samco Hosing

And a flamer kit for those important photo shots.....

I should have read the whole spec (and the thread - thought he was advocating iridiums DOH!)

Yep - I understand now why hacked withy the stage three's on and all - which ones are they m8?

I would hazard a guess that the fuelling sounds out - coupled with sparks - you have uprated to Walbro fuel pump to go with the stage 3's - yes?

yea, i suppose i was a little harsh....

The cars running lovely with the new plugs and hits 1.2 bar straight away with the boost controller down.

I do have a uprated fuel pump and i was expecting a lot more...

Oh well... Car goes in the bodyshop tomorrow to have all the wheels refurbished and get all the car chips ect done.....

Thanks for cheering me up chaps....:)

Originally posted by scooby_doo_do

yea, i suppose i was a little harsh....

The cars running lovely with the new plugs and hits 1.2 bar straight away with the boost controller down.

I do have a uprated fuel pump and i was expecting a lot more...

Then IMHO those figures from the RR sound bollox m8:thumbs:

Originally posted by Paul E

Then IMHO those figures from the RR sound bollox m8:thumbs:

Paul -what makes you say that? Are you saying that's too low?

Craig got 353 at the wheels. The figure I see most often for losses at the wheels for a 6 speed is 18%. If that's right, he's making 416 at the crank, which is pretty substantial.

I thought you got about 400 at the hub at Thor? The figure at the hubs should be higher. In fact, if the formula that was debated a while back on a (long) thread is right, that's about 440 at the crank. Given Craig's misfiring problem then his isn't a million miles off yours?

Originally posted by Tannhauser

Paul -what makes you say that? Are you saying that's too low?

Craig got 353 at the wheels. The figure I see most often for losses at the wheels for a 6 speed is 18%. If that's right, he's making 416 at the crank, which is pretty substantial.

That's what I was trying to say earlier, but I think Pauls ignoring me! :innocent:

IMO, 353 at the rear wheels is pretty damn good!

Originally posted by Matt Harwood

That's what I was trying to say earlier, but I think Pauls ignoring me! :innocent:

IMO, 353 at the rear wheels is pretty damn good!

Sorry Matt - just lost it there with the crank / hub / wheel / gerbil power etc

Ignore the ravings of this fool!!

I got 406 @1.3 Bar at Thor and 386lbs I think it was

So yes the HP sounds fine - but the torque? Does this suffer same losses?

:thumbs:

Originally posted by Ashley Willis

But not for stage 3 hybrids surely, I was getting 357 rwhp on stocks at 1.2b...........:confused:

...And then we are into the subject of just how good hybrids are? I used to be a believer, but not anymore, some research showed me that they really don't make any sense for VFM power gains, best for replacing blown turbos in a pinch. If performance is your goal, hybrids don't make sense IMHO. (Flame suit on) :devil: