The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Driver training day pics thread

Gaz6002

Hi folks,

Just a wee question. How did the MX5 that was there cope on the day?

Maybe your the wrong folks to ask but my next car choice is between the MX and a Supra. Before you say it I know two completely different cars. I have driven both and though I loved the handling and weight of the MX and also loved the sheer power and solid feel of the Supra.

Its either spend the money and buy a newer MX5 or and older Supra and have higher running and repair and insurance costs.

Opinions please......

Well, the Mx5 turned in the slowest time on the sprint course at the end. In fairness however, the driver had never done anything like this before. It looked really stable though, didn't oversteer in the wet, didn't understeer too badly either...

Fun little cars I'm sure, but in a totally different league to the Supra.

Hi red

I am foutunate to own both an 03 MX5 sport 1.8i and a 95 UKTT. The MX5 is alot of fun to drive but nowhere near the power of my supe 150hp v apprx 400hp. However the 5 is a lot more chuckable and you can exploit full power more of the time.

Both are great.:)

HTH

Rich

Well, the Mx5 turned in the slowest time on the sprint course at the end. In fairness however, the driver had never done anything like this before. It looked really stable though, didn't oversteer in the wet, didn't understeer too badly either...

Fun little cars I'm sure, but in a totally different league to the Supra.

Correct but also easily the slowest car there on the day.