The mkiv Supra Owners Club

TT or NA Aerotop?

Elliot

I am awaiting the donor vehicle becoming available (personal plates make a mess of sorting out write offs). I am doing the job myself with the aid of a guy thats being transplanting engines as a hobby since he was 13 years old so I will be cataloguing every penny spent and every step taken and importantly every minute spent doing the job. I will be taking a multitude of photo's along the way identifying every step every plug I undo every bolt I undo and labelling up the differences between the two engine types. When its done I will put it all on a CD and send it to those that want it.

Because of the disparity between aero N/A and TT prices this job is well worth doing and I am sure I will have the proof very soon.

Originally posted by dangerous brain

He's not about mine Faye!!!!!!

And what is wrong with red??? It is after all the premium colour to have don't ya know!!!http://www.frugal-families.com/forums/images/smilies/raspberry.gif

http://www.frugal-families.com/forums/images/smilies/ROFL1.gif

Nothing at all, just trying to see how long it would take for you to respond!!!! :D

I think it looks nice with the colour coded interior, are you going for a bodykit or leaving it standard DB? I'm well looking forward to the results of the transplant. Poole is less than an hour away from me, so will see you at one of the meets I expect!

Sorry Kev, I'm 90% certain I'm going to keep it now. I've had the roof off the last couple of days & it (or me!?!) gets even more stares, waves, whistles than normal! I even worked out how to store the roof in the boot yesterday!

:)

Originally posted by Elliot

I think it looks nice with the colour coded interior, are you going for a bodykit or leaving it standard DB? I'm well looking forward to the results of the transplant. Poole is less than an hour away from me, so will see you at one of the meets I expect!

Sorry Kev, I'm 90% certain I'm going to keep it now. I've had the roof off the last couple of days & it (or me!?!) gets even more stares, waves, whistles than normal! I even worked out how to store the roof in the boot yesterday!

DB's car looks great, besides I have to like red supes or Keith won't be impressed.

Glad to hear you are keeping the car, I was hoping the last few days worth of weather would persuade you.

Originally posted by Elliot

I am very dubious about the various body kits on the market. Some of the bumpers are a bit too much for me. The big veilside spoilers are IMO a tad in your face and very heavy if you want to be putting summat in the boot a lot. the side skirts are all a touch expensive for a couple of bits of plastic so all in all I will probably stay with the standard look for now. There are some odds and sods I would like to do but they can wait til I have sorted the powerplant out.

I will be at the next SEM if I can get there and the future ones across the summer. I have my name down on the drive that WSB2 is making a hash of organisin so you will probably catch me somewhere over the summer.

I like the standard look, plus the idea of scraping the lower nosecone and side skirts doesn't appeal when I'll have spent a reasonable chunk of cash on them and pretty much every non stock spoiler doesn't seem to agree with me.

The interior/exhaust and wheels are fair game though :)

I must admit the stock alloys are pretty lame. I think I said I had Blitz 18's? I have BBS - not Blitz

I know what you mean about the nosecone scraping - I dread every speedbump & road camber (especially into petrol stations)! So far though I've kept it in great condition.

• 1 year later...

I don't even remember writing half this stuff, shows how good my memory is!

Guess, the other 10% was the stronger! It was no fun working away all summer driving a Mondeo, knowing I had a lush car sitting at home getting dusty :(

Oh yeah, it must have been the car as I didn't get any stares, whistles etc in the Mondeo, but plenty in the new Supe! :)

Oh well - memories, memories......